by MissEshia

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Pets is sending texts to my sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions and Game Packs, Luxury Party Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Toddler Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It seems to happen sort of randomly. I became friends with the pet with one of my sims but not with the others and I seemed to call the friend more often but would call the kids as if it were a caretaker of them. May the friendship is the trigger or maybe not. My other cats would receive calls as well and I have no I idea what could have triggered those calls.
What happens when the bug occurs? I constant get calls from my pets congratulating me on promotions, dinner invites and to hangout. I also get notifications from them telling my sim kids not to break curfew. I would get calls from my pets as often as I would get them from other sims.
What do you expect to see? When I am on vacation my with my sim family in granite falls my cat calls my sim kids and reminds them of their curfew when I have left my pets at home and didn't take them on vacation. When my sims get a promotion or has a birthday, makes friends, starts a new relationship my cat calls me and tells me that he is happy or congratulates me. I receive calls from my cat inviting me out to dinner or the park, etc. My cats should not be giving me dinner invites, calling my sims about promotions, etc, and reminding them of their curfew.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded the July 10th 2018 patch, but I recently bought Backyard Stuff Pack when it went on sale. Before this I didn't get this issue.

This is the link to my thread that I reported this issue on.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/My-pet-is-sending-texts-to-my-sim/td-p/6937767

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted tag.

Message 12 of 22 (4,040 Views)

My pet is sending texts to my sim

★★★★★ Novice

Recently I've noticed that my pets are sending texts to my sim. I've gotten the latest update which said to correct the pet issue that fills the cue. Before the update I didn't have that problem now I do. I also now have a weird problem besides the pet cue. I started to receive texts from my cat Romeo. Did this always happen and I've just been lucky? It's not necessarily a debilitating problem it is just annoying. I get several texts from my cat inviting me places or congratulating me.

cat texting me.png

In this photo my sims were on vacation in Granite Falls and I left the pets at home. My cat Romeo decided to take it upon himself to remind the kids of their curfew.

cats recieving calls.png

My cats Romeo and Boogie were receiving calls from someone. Didn't get the one where my pet was congratulating me. It was the first incident and I thought it was a fluke til it kept happening. 

Message 1 of 22 (4,054 Views)

Re: My pet is sending texts to my sim

Hero

Hi @MissEshia

is this with  or without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (4,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have no mods installed. I also do not have any cc. This game file is completely vanilla.

Message 3 of 22 (4,039 Views)

Hero

Hm, don't think I've seen any other reports of pets sending messages. That's really a bit odd.

How often do you get them ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (4,038 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Regularly. Like I would get calls from other sims

Message 5 of 22 (4,029 Views)

Hero

Could you start a new save for testing purposes then and see if you get the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (4,030 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I'll try a new save and test for a few sim days and get back to you.

Message 7 of 22 (4,024 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

If it also happens on a new save, please create a bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

If not, reply here and we continue troubleshooting :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (4,020 Views)

Hero

@MissEshia  Seems others are seeing this as well: https://twitter.com/Cinderellimouse/status/1022892773517795329

Might be safe to create a bug report already.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (4,011 Views)