by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Can't cure pet sickness at home

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Famous, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, City Living, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires and Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Examine a cat at your home lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The exams have been completed, but one symptom is still unknown.
What do you expect to see? If I examine my cat, it should be possible to figure out what the sickness is.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As you can see in the picture, my cat was sick and I examined it at home. But the sickness was not figured out despite my sim completed all exams. I even tried all treatments which were available but none of them worked. Had to take the cat to the vet.

Message 1 of 7 (1,457 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Can't cure pet sickness at home

Hero
@Zack4358 Question to this:

- Did your Sim have any Vet Skill at all ?
- Does your Sim own a clinic himself ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,395 Views)

★ Guide

My sim did not have any vet skill till this examine.

My household did own the vet clinic once, but they lost it due to moving.

Message 3 of 7 (1,380 Views)

Hero
@Zack4358 Could you test if it works if you learn some vet skill first ? Through a book possibly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,372 Views)

★ Pro

@Zack4358 wrote:

My sim did not have any vet skill till this examine.

My household did own the vet clinic once, but they lost it due to moving.

The "problem" with using the exam table at home (or even at an owned clinic) is that your pet may have an illness your sim is not sufficiently skilled to cure.

If you go to an NPC clinic with your pet, the whole pet sickness system goes into play and you can have your pet cured. 

If you own a clinic the "sick" pets that come in for "treatment" usually match the skill + rating of your clinic.

If no "cure" presents itself, you can usually use the "cone of shame" treatment.

Message 5 of 7 (1,357 Views)

★ Guide

The crazy thing is that my other sim, who has level 2 or 3 of the vet skill, was able to examine and cure the pet at home.

Message 6 of 7 (1,330 Views)

Hero
@Zack4358 So you need vet skill then. Doesn't sounds like a bug to me, tbh.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,323 Views)