by Apeanutbutterzol

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Camera zooms in on wall when simstagramming pet

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a pet and select option to Simstagram pet.
What happens when the bug occurs? The photo is of the wall. The pet is rarely in the frame, and if it is, the Sim's legs are blocking it. Most of the time, the pet is just not in the frame.
What do you expect to see? The pet in the frame.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

sims 4 simstagram pet bug 2.jpgsims 4 simstagram pet bug.jpg

Standing next to the dishwasher when I select "Simstagram Pet" so of course the photo frame is inside the dishwasher. You can see the slider is zoomed all the way out too. In a more open area, it's just the Sim's legs.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed outdated tag

Message 1 of 12 (2,363 Views)

Re: Simstagram Pet Bug

Hero
@Apeanutbutterzol Does this happen to you for all pets or just kitten/puppies ? For me it seems to work fine for my adult cat but not the kitten.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,299 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah it's adults as well.

Message 3 of 12 (2,290 Views)

Hero
@Apeanutbutterzol Did you test without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (2,288 Views)

★★ Novice

I just have a couple hair mods so I didn't bother. But I will go ahead and try anyway. I'll report back.

Message 5 of 12 (2,281 Views)

★★ Novice

sims 4 simstagram pet 3 no mods or cc.jpgsims 4 simstagram pet 4 no mods or cc.jpgsims 4 simstagram pet 5 no mods or cc.jpgStill does the same thing with no mods/cc. I guess it is just a weird mechanic. I guess you just have to time it right? Which is kinda hard to do. But other people's pet Simstagram pics look so good!

Message 6 of 12 (2,274 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Camera zooms in on wall when simstagramming pet

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (2,233 Views)

★★ Guide

Ohhh yeah, I gave up on simstagramming pets long ago 'cuz I've had this problem since the very first time I tried it.  Photo is usually of human legs, furniture...seldom the pet.  Kudos to the OP for filling out a bug-report!  Sorry to say it never occurred to me; just figured it was badly programmed.

Message 8 of 12 (2,214 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Tiarella4 Same, I've always had this problem, so it never occurred to me to submit a bug report. I've never been able to simstagram a pet, because I get walls, legs, etc, everything but the pet.

Message 9 of 12 (2,207 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The issue is that the photo angle seems from pretty much random direction instead of being from the PoV of the sim taking the picture. I believe it would help to fix the bug if it was changed to happen from the Sim's PoV instead of some random place, often from completely different direction.

Message 10 of 12 (2,086 Views)