Re: Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Pet Glitch

by Sidiousaurus

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I have an ongoing game glitch where my Sims have distorted arms and hands when interacting with pets using the "hug" or "pamper on couch" interactions. It happens 100% of the time with these interactions and started about 3 updates ago. I have tried these interactions in different saved games with different Sims - it persists. I don't use any mods or CC in my game. I have also repaired the game but it did not fix the issue. 

12-21-20_1-17-58 AM.png

04-18-20_11-34-46 PM.png

Message 11 of 17 (846 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have also been having a similar issue. I got Cats and Dogs just after New Years, and I got Parenthood and Laundry Day yesterday which is the day when I noticed the issue began. I've looked into older saves as you did and didn't have any luck either :/

Message 12 of 17 (814 Views)

Champion

I've got this exact problem on Xbox series S. When Sims hug pets. It looks exactly on mine as it does on Simrissie's photos. It's been going on randomly for many months. Sometimes with arms forwards and stretched out at strange angles. Sometimes their arms are behind their backs. With the pet in their arms or sometimes the pet doesn't move.

It's mostly with pets but it's happened with Sims a few times too. Say greeting loved ones. Surprised it's not been addressed yet but I could say that about numerous bugs at this point, reporting them is taking half as long as playing the game for me. Still, we love our Sims... wouldn't want a hug from one though!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 13 of 17 (737 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

13.4.2021_15.41.44.png

This has been happening to me also for a long time. Dogs randomly become demons, it's so creepy, I'm surprised I haven't seen a topic about it before this.
But also this that petting them often just glitches. I don't have any mods, it happens very randomly and while petting both cats and dogs.

14.8.2021_18.09.52.png

Message 14 of 17 (711 Views)

Hero
@sansannasa There's a few threads for animal distortion depending on the interaction.

Did you use the pet interaction or something else ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 17 (694 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If I remember correctly, the pet interaction yeah (these have happened during a long period of time). Sometimes my sims also do this autonomously but I think they usually go for the pet interaction.

Message 16 of 17 (645 Views)

Hero
@sansannasa Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 17 (643 Views)