by Hjeromin

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Body distortion on 'Pet' Interaction

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims Deluxe Pack, Seasons, Cats and dog, Hoilday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? click any pet and select "Pet"
What happens when the bug occurs? sims either do nothing or the model breaks down
What do you expect to see? horrible shaped model
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This creepy is giving me nightmares

please fix it

20190531224158.jpg

Message 1 of 17 (2,104 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] "Pet" interaction is horribly bugged out

Hero
Does this happen to any kind of dog ? What age is that Sim ? Does it happen to any age ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (2,038 Views)

★★ Novice

it happens to all the dogs or cat that does not belong to you. especially in the vet clinic 

Message 3 of 17 (2,023 Views)

Hero

Hm

I just tested this with two different dogs in my vet clinic and see no distortion. It also wasn't reported by anyone else.

Could you try repairing your game by right clicking on the game in Origin and hit repair game and also delete the localthumbcache file in your doc folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (2,020 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I think this distorted petting and hugging (also with other sims/toddlers) happens occasionally if the game has routing problems with the two sims involved. In my game it happens frequently when parents and toddlers start the long "play" animation.

Message 5 of 17 (2,012 Views)

Hero

@Werkea 

are you using the original clinic or your own ? Could it be routing issue at as @alanmichael1 points out ?

Also again my question from above: What age groups ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (1,996 Views)

Hero
Added to see if more people see this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (1,946 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Pet Glitch

★★ Novice

i've got a bug where my sim goes to pick up/hug/pet the cat and it bugs like she's not holding it and they aren't touching skin to fur when snuggling it just started happening i've repaired/updated my game through Origin but nothing it's bugging me

Message 8 of 17 (1,752 Views)

Hero
@Hjeromin The interaction is a bit bugged when it comes to the animation.

I merged with the current thread although it now looks a bit different.

Maybe you could add a picture how it looks for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (1,726 Views)

★★ Novice

this is how my sim is picking up her cat......its annoying me so much and i can't click the cat and make it do things anymore

Message 10 of 17 (1,698 Views)