by Nicoliia

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Blank Boxes Appearing When Trying to Adopt/Sell a pet

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs beside Eco Living, Journey to Batuu, My First Pet Stuff and Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to hire a service on your phone, and then when the menu pops up try to adopt a cat or dog.
What happens when the bug occurs? Only 3x3 rows are shown but there are 3 more boxes to the right side that are blank.
What do you expect to see? 3 blank boxes to the side of the adoption menu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been having this issue with adopting dogs and there being the blank boxes, I do play with mods but I removed all mods and disabled to see if the issue would still persist and it still does. 

I’ve since had a look and you can still click on the boxes (though you are only just able to click on them) and dogs are still able to be adopted from those boxes, you just can’t see the picture.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 14 (4,246 Views)

Selection menu doesn't show all pets when selling or putting pet up for adoption

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have at least 4 or more kittens or puppies in your household and use the computer option to sell or put one up for adoption
What happens when the bug occurs? When selling or putting a pet up for adoption on the computer, the panel where you select which pet you want to sell/put up for adoption displays the available pets in rows of 5 instead of rows of 3 making it not possible to see or select some of the available pets if you have more than 3
What do you expect to see? All available pets should be viewable and selectable within the selection menu
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In the screenshot I provided, my sim currently owns 6 kittens, but as you can see, when I try to sell one only 4 of them are visibly selectable and 2 of them get cut off on the side of the screen.

Message 2 of 14 (4,191 Views)

Re: Selection menu doesn't show all pets when selling or putting pet up for adop

Hero
@caitlincat200 Going to merge your post as it looks it's the same GUI issue as for the adoption

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (4,175 Views)

Only 9 Cats or Dogs Available to Adopt

★★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them released as of 11/20/2020
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your Sim select to adopt a dog or cat via the phone or computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the menu to select your dog or cat appears, only 9 options show up (as shown in attached screen shots). There are transparent boxes where the missing 3 pets should be displayed, but they are not clickable. Any of the animals that show up are still able to be adopted without a problem.
What do you expect to see? I expect all 12 dogs or cats that were previously available to adopt to show up when selecting what pet you would like to adopt.

I haven't had my Sims adopt a cat or dog recently so I am unsure of whether or not this is occurring due to any recent patch.

Message 4 of 14 (4,169 Views)

Adopt a Pet

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.38
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Bowling Night, Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going to a computer or phone, selecting hire a service, then adopting a dog or cat
What happens when the bug occurs? In the window that pops up, there are 3 columns visible and the 4th column gets cut off
What do you expect to see? All columns visible in the adopt a pet window
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’ve attached a picture to better understand the issue. The 3 columns of available dogs are visible, while the 4th column is not

I noticed that this only happens for cats and dogs but all children are visible in their window

Message 5 of 14 (4,014 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Blank Boxes Appearing When Trying to Adopt/Sell a pet

★★★ Guide

Also having this issue.

Message 6 of 14 (3,967 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Blank Boxes Appearing When Trying to Adopt/Sell a pet

Hero (Retired)

I see this also on PS5.

The Sims™ 4_20210314075301.jpg

Message 7 of 14 (3,942 Views)

Re: Selection menu doesn't show all pets when selling or putting pet up for adop

★★★ Novice

Hi I was wondering have you found a solution to this problem.

Message 8 of 14 (3,756 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Blank Boxes Appearing When Trying to Adopt/Sell a pet

★★★★★ Apprentice

BEYOND disappointed seeing EA hasn’t even acknowledged this issue! Wth? You’ve ruined the breeding function for me as my breeders can’t sell their puppies! Yet you don’t see that as a big enough problem to look into? Seriously? I had to let my elder dog die last week when i wanted to set his age back to keep him, just to be able to sell all the extra puppies in the household! 

for those looking for a fix, it seems there isn’t one. BUT I found a work around last night! FINALLY can sell my puppies. What I do is make sure one sim in the household is NOT friends with any pets. Then when I want to sell a puppy I have the sim befriend it. Go to “sell”, then the tab that shows friendships. The puppy you want to sell should be there because it is the ONLY animal the sim is friends with so the 3 slots aren’t full! Very annoying that my sim can’t have a relationship with his permanent pets but this is better than not being able to sell my litters. Hope it helps! 

Message 9 of 14 (3,403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@winterwhite34  I just posted a work around below that I found last night if you are still trying to find a solution. Doesn’t fix the problem but at least I am able to sell the puppies now. 

Message 10 of 14 (3,401 Views)