by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Adoption Puppies/Kitten labeled as neutered/spayed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Adopt a puppy or kitten that is listed as fixed and wait for it to age up.
What happens when the bug occurs? When adopted puppies or kittens that were listed as fixed age up, they suddenly become natural.
What do you expect to see? Adopted puppies or kittens that are listed as fixed should remain fixed upon aging up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Initially, this bug was thought to be linked with the issue of fixed cats returning from adventures pregnant. Since it was supposedly fixed recently and this is still happening in my game, I've determined that this isn't likely the case. I hope it's okay that I've made a new thread.

Message 1 of 16 (3,292 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Adopted Pets That Are Fixed Age Up Natural

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (3,134 Views)

[TO TEST] [CD] Puppies/Kittens Are Neutered Or Spayed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Adopt a puppy or kitten
What happens when the bug occurs? In the info panel it will say they're neutered or spayed, but when they grow up they're not
What do you expect to see? puppies/kittens not be neutered or spayed, because that's impossible in game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot (82).png

It's not even possible for puppies/kittens so idk why it's saying they are 

Message 3 of 16 (3,121 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Puppies/Kittens Are Neutered Or Spayed

Hero

Hi @SproutLee

guess that's the root cause of another issue we had on the list.

I'm merging the threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (3,084 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Adopted Pets That Are Fixed Age Up Natural

★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue too.. adopted a female cat that was supposed to be spayed. When she grew up to an adult she wasn't, and ended up going into heat. I took her to the vet and got her spayed (paid for it, got the notification and everything).. only for her to go into heat again! I want to take her outside, but can't trust that she won't get pregnant.. anything I can do to fix this? 

Message 5 of 16 (3,034 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @mikmik0000 

I think the main issue here is that you should be able to adopt them fixed in the first place. There's no option to fix kitten so why should you be able to adopt them fixed.

As for the vet spraying not working, that's a different issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Unable-to-perform-vet-surgery-spray-amp-unspray/m-p/66...

The only thing that currently works is to be the vet yourself and then fix them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (3,029 Views)

★ Novice
Oh that makes sense.. thank you! Hope they fix both issues soon.
Message 7 of 16 (3,023 Views)

★ Guide

This has happened to me ever since I got Cats & Dogs. I've never had a puppy or kitten that didn't "unfix" upon aging up (after making sure I only asked to see fixed pets). And with the vet station broken the only thing to do is wait until they age up and then cas.fulleditmode them as spayed/neutered.

Message 8 of 16 (2,909 Views)

Hero
@gardenlobster You can't really fix kitten even with the machine working.

Is the machine still not working at all for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (2,903 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrictI just checked on my testing save and it works now. I didn't realize that had been fixed. Sorry!

Message 10 of 16 (2,896 Views)