Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] CAS make-up randomizer fails to puts make-up on male sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go in CAS, create a male sim, and try to randomize make-up. Regardless of that sims clothing preference, no make-up will ever ever be applied.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens. I can press the randomize buttom a thousand times, and make-up will never be applied to a male sim.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see make-up to occasionally appear on male sims in the CAS randomizer, especially when I check the randomize make-up box.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The Sims 4 includes make-up tagged as both masculine and feminine or tagged as just feminine. I have noticed that the CAS randomizer will NEVER assign make-up to a male sim, even if they have feminine clothing preferences.

Others on Reddit have noticed this as well as me (https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/d4rgj4/how_come_cas_never_puts_makeup_on_male_sims_even/)

Message 1 of 10 (1,206 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] CAS make-up randomizer fails to puts make-up on male sims

Hero

Fixed an issue that did not allow randomizer to work correctly when Male Sims had Makeup on Create a Sim.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (774 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] CAS make-up randomizer fails to puts make-up on male sims

★★ Novice

If you make a female sim with masculine preferences and randomize make-up, it will apply masculine-tagged make-up to said female sim.

This appears to be an oversight from the custom gender patch from a few years back. For whatever reason, the make-up randomizer only works for female Sims.

Message 2 of 10 (1,137 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict any updates on this?

Message 3 of 10 (1,096 Views)

Hero
@Leftisthominid What kind of update ? It's been forwarded and will be added to the list on the next round.

I don't have any questions for you.

Please read this for further information on how the bug forum works: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/jump-to/firs...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,084 Views)

★★ Novice

1.56.52.1020 does NOT fix this unfortunately.

Message 5 of 10 (1,041 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict do you know how I can get any updates on this? As of the University update, the problem still continues... It has been almost two months.
Message 6 of 10 (974 Views)

Hero
@Leftisthominid There's so many bugs these days and a lot wasn't fixed (especially whims and freelancer) that has a lot more users affected than this.

I've forwarded it and they are be aware but it might not be a priority to fix right now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (959 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry for bothering you again, but do you have any updates? If not can you re-report this to the bug team.

It has been nearly three months and this fix has yet to be implemented. If you randomize make-up on a male sim, nothing ever happens. I am pretty sure this is just an oversight from the gender patch from a few years ago. I don't think it should be that involved of a fix.

Message 8 of 10 (905 Views)

Hero
@Leftisthominid There's not much I can do as said before.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (891 Views)

Re: [FIXED] CAS make-up randomizer fails to puts make-up on male sims

Hero

Fixed an issue that did not allow randomizer to work correctly when Male Sims had Makeup on Create a Sim.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (775 Views)