by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] CAS Hair darker then before

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? discover university
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? CAS hair color bug : go to CAS and create a blonde (or light colored hair) sim, try a custom hair content, and also try an official hair content too - both case blonde colored hair looks darker : and when you save the blonde sim in your library, blonde hair sim looks like gray/lightbrown hair, and silver hair sim looks gray/ darker gray in CAS and Library - but once you place that sim in a lot, then the sim has the original colored hair(actual blonde)
What happens when the bug occurs? CAS hair color bug: im not even sure if i'm choosing right color - i want to make blonde sim, but blonde hair looks gray/ light brown, and silver hair sim looks gray/ darker gray in CAS and Library, and when i save this blonde sim/silver haired sim in my library, it also look darker in library too - the sim photo to save in library, before i hit save button
What do you expect to see? CAS hair: i want to see blonde hair appear to be blonde in both CAS and my library when i save the sim from CAS to My Library - both original hair content AND custom hair content.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest update for the sims 4 basegame. (i watched it live on youtube too : making column goes super high, etc) : that patch. I uninstalled the custom content too : and CAS hair color issue still occurs with original hair items too

it's so confusing to choose color i want in CAS, especially when i'm trying to make light colored hair sims (e.g. silver/white hair looks grey/dark grey in CAS & My Library, blonde looks brown/grey hair in CAS & My Library).  

Message 1 of 8 (1,397 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] CAS hair color - looks way darker in CAS & My Library

Hero
@22puzzlepieces Could you please post a picture of a game content how it looks for you

CC is not supported and used at your own risk.

Please also give your mac specs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

Thank you! Here is my mac spec, and detailed graphic spec

Message 3 of 8 (1,342 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@22puzzlepieces Could you also post a picture how non-cc hair looks for you ? Best is if you post some of the blonds for comparison.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

Message 5 of 8 (1,306 Views)

Hero

This is how it looks for me

hair.JPG

(although it looks brighter in the game than here on the screenshot. Can't say how it was before. but I don't see a big difference in my game from what I remember.

Is it only the hair ? Did you maybe have some kind of lighting mod that's no longer working for you ?

This is on a vanilla game, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictno, I haven't downloaded any lighting mod item. and yes, it is the base game. And all the hairs (whether it is original item or custom item), all lost its vividity and look lifeless now Frown I think it's because it looks more greish now.. Your redhair sim's hair looks way darker than my redhair sim before update! Is it possible to bring the bright vivid lively color back(exactly like the colors we had before the update)? :'(  please please please!

Message 7 of 8 (1,278 Views)

Hero
@22puzzlepieces I'll forward this and hopefully others will chime in how it is for them.

As said, the picture doesn't really represent how I see it on the screen for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,239 Views)