by TuringTestFailed

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] CAS Generated Children Inherit Life States Parents Don't Have

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to CAS. Create vampire, create spellcaster, create alien. While the alien is selected, create a new sim by clicking Play with Genetics. In the following order, set the spellcaster as the SECOND PARENT (the one on the right) and vampire as the FIRST PARENT and click "Randomize Son/Daughter". Note 1:This behavior only seems to occur when the second parent is set before the first one. Note 2: This seems to be reproducible with ANY combination of life states, not just the one I used in my example.
What happens when the bug occurs? Child will inherit the phenotypical traits (skin, hair, eyes, facial structure, etc.) of the selected parents, but will ALWAYS inherit the life state of the sim originally selected with Play with Genetics was clicked. In my above example, an alien.
What do you expect to see? Generated children will inherit the life state of either of their parents (in the above example, they should either be a vampire or a spellcaster, but never an alien).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I came across this while trying to figure out if mermaid genetics were broken. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 1 (347 Views)