by MikeTWilde

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Broken/off lot appliance causes bill for off-lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim live on an off the grid lot. Check the bills. See that the sim is being charged for electricity despite having no appliances and no wind turbines or solar panels.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim has to pay higher bills as if they were using electricity when they are not.
What do you expect to see? No electricity bill on off the grid lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing eco lifestyle.

I moved my sim into the off the grid lot in Port Promise. All that’s on the lot is a small structure that looks like a shipping container, a bed, some fabricated furniture, self-made candles, plants, a dumpster, sue collector, and off the grid toilet and shower. I have no solar panels, wind turbines, or electrical appliances, yet when I click “show bills information” it tells me I’m using power. For the first week or so, when my sim had basically nothing and was sleeping on a beach towel, bills acted like i expected them to, but then power use started rising.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 11 (1,612 Views)

Re: Power bill on off the grid lot

Hero
@MikeTWilde Could this be the same issue as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Off-grid-fridges-drain-power-can-t-turn-off/td... ?

I assume you do have a off-grid fridge ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,580 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@MikeTWildeCould this be the same issue as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Off-grid-fridges-drain-power-can-t-turn-off/td... ?

I assume you do have a off-grid fridge ?

I only have a chillville portable cooler, no actual fridge, but I didn’t even have that at first and it was already saying I was using power. Power consumption keeps going up. I built a Wind turbine to try and off-set it, but so far it’s not doing much.

People have been bringing broken appliances to the community space, though. A crisponix budget Dee-lux fridge was placed slightly outside so it’s accessible from my lot as well. I’ll try debug-destroying it and see if that helps.

Message 3 of 11 (1,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Okay, so, destroying that fridge immediately put my rate of change in the green and I’m no longer haemorrhaging power.

Message 4 of 11 (1,542 Views)

Hero
@MikeTWilde Is that fridge labelled for off-grid ? Probably not ?

Guess the problem was that it overlapped with your lot them

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,509 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict No, it’s not marked for off the grid. But what should then happen is that it’s not usable, not that it siphons power from a lot that isn’t connected to the power grid. It also shouldn’t exist on my lot when someone dropped it off at the community space.
Message 6 of 11 (1,484 Views)

Hero
@MikeTWilde No it shouldn't.

Just means it's a different issue than the other :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (1,482 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm glad I found this thread because I had no idea how I could be using so much power, but the community lot next door has two broken refrigerators just off-lot, and I can't seem to get rid of them. The Destroy Object debug no longer seems to be an option, and I can't set as head. Do I need a mod to fix this or something?

Message 8 of 11 (1,101 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @wombatilim 

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here to share file with us: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 11 (1,078 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SimGuruRitzy Darn it, I did wind up fixing it with a Mod and it looks like my recover save doesn't go back early enough for the issue. I'll try to remember to send it in if it happens again.
Message 10 of 11 (1,065 Views)