[OPEN] Both Uncomfortable and Happy Moodlet from Eating Harvetables

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Both Uncomfortable and Happy Moodlet from Eating Harvetables

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I looked at that file @kusurusu , but am not sure I understand it correctly. It seems that it is about the chance of getting the moodlets, and this affected by the Aspiration Reward Traits and CAS traits. If I understand the issue the OP has correctly, it's about the positive and negative moodlets appearing at the same time, from eating just one harvestable.

I added two new sims to the household. I made all of them eat Basil and Sage, bought from packages in build mode, with Normal quality, one at a time, waiting out the moodlet timer in between. They all experienced both positive and negative moodlets, but not getting both moodlets at the same time from just one harvestable.

@SqueamishNerd The one time your sim got both moodlets at the same time from eating just one harvestable, what was the quality of it? What is your sim's traits, all of them?

I agree on the colour of the icon - the stomach image in it looks more greyish than blueish. I looked at some other positive moodlet icons, which are indeed blue tinted; while the negative ones are grey. The stomach for this new patched in moodlet is grey both on the negative and the positive moodlet icon. But I think the idea for the forum is to keep one issue per thread, so if you think it deserves a bug report, make a separate one for that.

The thread is labeled Needs Input, so let's see if anyone else experience the issue. 

Message 11 of 19 (1,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DonroaAkashuThe sage and basil both had magnificent quality.

Lot Traits:
- Off the Grid
- Great Soil
- Creepy Crawlies

CAS Traits:
- Cheerful
- Loves Outdoors
- Vegetarian
- Collector

Ambition Reward Traits:
- Naturalist
- Laid-Back
- Museum Patreon
- Appraiser

Satisfaction Reward Traits:
- Super Green Thumb
- Shameless
- Always Welcome
- Carefree

Message 12 of 19 (1,122 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SqueamishNerd : Hold on...

@kusurusu: Where in the game files/tuning can "randomWeightedLoot_OffTheGrid_ConsumeHarvestable" be found?
Message 13 of 19 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@StarryMightBG/action/randomWeightedLoot_OffTheGrid_ConsumeHarvestable (requires XML extractor):

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<I c="RandomWeightedLoot" i="action" m="interactions.utils.loot" n="randomWeightedLoot_OffTheGrid_ConsumeHarvestable" s="235125">
  <L n="random_loot_actions">
    <U>
      <V n="action" t="buff">
        <U n="buff">
          <U n="buff">
            <V n="buff_reason" t="enabled">
             <T n="enabled">0x23CE1143<!--String: "(From Eating Harvested Fruits or Vegetables)"--></T>
            </V>
            <T n="buff_type">235233<!--Buff: buff_Object_OffTheGrid_Consume_LivingOffTheLand--></T>
          </U>
        </U>
      </V>
      <U n="weight">...</U>
    </U>
    <U>
      <V n="action" t="buff">
        <U n="buff">
          <U n="buff">
            <V n="buff_reason" t="enabled">
              <T n="enabled">0x23CE1143<!--String: "(From Eating Harvested Fruits or Vegetables)"--></T>
            </V>
            <T n="buff_type">235232<!--Buff: buff_Object_OffTheGrid_Consume_NaturesRevenge--></T>
          </U>
        </U>
      </V>
    </U>
    <U>
      <V n="action" t="actions">
        <T n="actions">237016<!--LootActions: loot_Buff_EatHarvestable_OffTheGrid--></T>
      </V>
    </U>
  </L>
</I>
Message 14 of 19 (1,071 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@kusurusu Okay, so if I understand the code correctly sims who are Survivalists or One with Nature have a probability multiplier of 4 to get the good buff, and sims who are Freegans, Green Fieds, Loves Outdoors or Clumsy have a probability multiplier of 2 to get the good buff, and sims who are Neat, Perfectionists, Snobs or Squeamish have a probability multiplier of 0.5 to get the good buff. Though, what's the original probability when a sim doesn't have any of these traits? Is it 0.1 (i.e 10%)? That would make the Survivalists or One with Nature a 40% chance to get the good buff, Freegans, Green Fieds, Loves Outdoors or Clumsy a 20% chance to get the good buff, and Perfectionists, Snobs or Squeamish a 5% chance to get the good buff. Though, in the beginning of the code it says something about 1.0, what would that mean? I thought the result should be 0 or 1 for good or bad buff, but it was some years since I programmed anything, so I can be completely wrong.
Message 15 of 19 (1,051 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Maybe the double moodlets have something to do with that my sim ate specifically basil or sage, since I've seen that there's another bug with specifically basil and sage, the bug where the basil and sage bushes shrink and look like "seeds" after harvesting.

I don't remember if my sim ate basil or sage, because I went to give her one of them and was about to give her the other one when I noticed that she had gotten both an uncomfortable and a happy moodlet. Basil and sage were in the top of the inventory, and I just usually have her to eat whatever harvestable that are visible in the inventory at that specific moment. I remember that those two were visible at that moment, because she just harvested them and their bushes turned into "seeds", but I don't remember which one I told her to eat. Tough, if it has anything to do with the other bug it shouldn't matter which one she ate.

Message 16 of 19 (1,003 Views)

★ Guide

I've had both the positive and negative moodlets as well, but I think they came at separate times, but ended up overlapping. My sim was also living off the grid. Most of the time when I ate harvestables, it was a mix of mushrooms, apples, carrots and onions. So more than likely one would give a negative, another positive, a third might give me that one with the broccoli icon, and a forth might not do anything.

While I'm not totally against these moodlets, I feel the negative one comes up way too often. And why would your lot being on the grid cause you to not get these moodlets? How would eating fresh harvestables be any different whether you have power on your lot or not? Is this a glitch or a failed attempt to add difficulty to the game?

I initially thought that the negative moodlet was a case of only eating fresh harvestables. So I mixed in cooking food on a Bonfire and the Jungle Adventure barrel grill, but as soon as I ate another fresh harvestable, there was that stomach turning moodlet. The Jungle Adventure outdoor open air toilet was not always close enough, because you could no more than just walk out of the bush, and the bladder bar would be back down into the red.

An every once in a while occurance of this would be fine, but Every Day?

Message 17 of 19 (963 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I completely agree!
For me this has ruined gameplay for my current household (been doing the history challenge and am still in the prehistoric era) as my sims are having to run to the toilet almost every time they eat a harvestable (which is 60% of their meals, more if it’s stormy or freezing and cooking fish isn’t possible), and the bladder timer reduces so rapidly it makes it even more ridiculous.

Wishing I hadn’t installed the update so soon. Guess ditching the challenge is on the table. Pretty bummed.

Message 18 of 19 (917 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Crinrict linked me to your post as I'm experiencing something similar but not exactly the same. My Off Grid Sims get no buffs, positive or negative, from eating harvestables. When I turn the lot trait off, they get the +1, +2 or +3 Happy as normal depending on the quality of the fruit or veg. When the lot trait is on, they get nothing. This is making playing as a survivalist very hard, as pre-patch I relied on high quality fruit and veg to keep the Sims happy (especially toddlers!).

Message 19 of 19 (881 Views)