by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

[OPEN] Both Uncomfortable and Happy Moodlet from Eating Harvetables

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Eat something harvestable when being off the grid.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim gets BOTH an uncomfortable moodlet and a happy moodlet. The former because of "nature's revenge" and the latter because of "living off the land".
What do you expect to see? No uncomfortable moodlet, because it doesn't make sense at all that they added this for sims living off the grid. And also they shouldn't get both an uncomfortable moodlet and a happy moodlet from just doing one single thing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 95, 1.63.133.1020

How on Earth did someone think it was a good idea for sims to become uncomfortable by eating fruits and vegetables off the grid? So now sims living off the grid HAVE TO own a fridge, and they also HAVE TO own a counter if they don't want to not get uncomfortable for eating too many quick meals, or they HAVE TO own a grill.

Also, the sims shouldn't get both an uncomfortable moodlet and a happy moodlet for doing one single thing, that's the actual bug. The new moodlet should be the one removed, in my opinion, because it doesn't make sense at all.

I have a sim basically living in a shed, she only owns a bed, a shower and a toilet, and she plants harvestables and she has bees. Is she supposed to only eat honey? I mean, fruits and vegetables ARE food.

Don't get me wrong, I love this patch, I really do, they added so much good stuff(!) Heart I really appreciate it and they did a good job and fixed so many bugs. But, sorry, this specific change to make sims living off the grid not being able to eat what they harvest is probably the most stupid change I've ever seen in The Sims 4. Thumbs down

MoodletUncomfortable.pngMoodletHappy.png

Both "Nature's revenge" and "Living off the land" from eating harvestable.

Edit By Crinrict:Added Tag to Title

(Removed som all caps texts - lets write with your indoor voice) - Atic 

Message 1 of 19 (2,986 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Both Uncomfortable and Happy Moodlet from Eating Harvetables

★★★★ Expert

Tested this on a lot with no lot traits; no special moodlets when eating harvestables - from the packages in build/buy mode. Added lot trait Off The Grid to the lot, made the sim eat several harvestables in a row, and they got both moodlets. Waited out the moodlet timers and then ate one harvestable; they got only one moodlet, the positive one. Waited out that moodlet timer and ate a harvestable again; they got the moodlet, the negative. Ate anoher harvestable directly, which gave them the postive moodlet, so that they now had both at the same time.

Here are the moodlets in english; as OP's is in swedish:

eat vegetable off the grid.pngeating vegetable off the grid 2.png

Message 2 of 19 (2,930 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro
@DonroaAkashu Maybe it depends on the harvestable's quality? I tried with some with excellent (I guess that's the word used in English) quality, it only gave the happy moodlet, then I tried with some with normal quality and it seemed to be random if they got the happy or uncomfortable moodlet. Or maybe it's completely random and I was just lucky that I only got the happy moodlet from the ones with excellent quality.
Message 3 of 19 (2,906 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@SqueamishNerd  Perhaps! Another guess is that it is random which moodlet will show up for the same quality, since the ones I tried were all Normal quality; and not home grown, but from the bought packages in build/buy mode. 

I got one moodlet, postive or negative, per eaten harvestable. I did not get both moodlets at the same time from eating just one harvestable.

Do you get both the negative and the positive moodlet from eating just one harvestable?

Message 4 of 19 (2,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DonroaAkashuYes, the very first time (after the patch of course) that she ate a harvestable she got both moodlets, I think the one she ate was either basil or sage.

Message 5 of 19 (2,874 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Btw, I just realised that the happy moodlet has a grey icon. Isn't the icon supposed to be blue-ish? Also, if I remember correctly, the icon for this happy moodlet was a broccoli before the patch, wasn't it?

Message 6 of 19 (2,862 Views)

★ Pro

You might have to take a closer look at randomWeightedLoot_OffTheGrid_ConsumeHarvestable

Message 7 of 19 (2,843 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@kusurusu Do I need any mods to take a look at that file? I don't want to download mods, I want my game to be clean to prevent bugs coming from mods. :P
Message 8 of 19 (2,832 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SqueamishNerd : I think kusurusu is talking about game code there.
Message 9 of 19 (2,765 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@StarryMight Game codes are in files :P
Message 10 of 19 (2,741 Views)