Re: Enhancing/Upgrading Bots

by Namennaj

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I am having the same issue again. So I am sending you the saved game file.
Message 21 of 41 (1,252 Views)

Hero
@Namennaj Thanks. I can duplicate the issue on your save. Haven't found a solution though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 41 (1,219 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks for checking. What works the one moment don't work the next. I have tried deleting the computer parts/mechanisms after each upgrade. That worked for a few levels, but not anymore. They should just remove these parts and increase the build/upgrade time.
Message 23 of 41 (1,190 Views)

Cant repair utiliti bots

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to repair utili bot on work station
What happens when the bug occurs? no option to do so
What do you expect to see? an option to do so
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. dint have this problem before the latest patch

When i try to repair my utiliti bots on the work station, it doesnt give me the option to do so. I only get the option to ´'use'' but its greyed out and says that electronics dont work in the rain (there is no rain and its inside), any way to fix this? Problem is still there when mods are removed

Message 24 of 41 (1,279 Views)

Re: Cant repair utiliti bots

Hero
@jenny7020 Do you have your workstation outside/close to the wall and is it raining ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 41 (1,262 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict hey, there is no rain and i have tried placing it both inside and outside, and i have also tried repairing them in different worlds
Message 26 of 41 (1,253 Views)

Hero

For faster testing, can you send me your save ? I don't really have an util but to test this atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 41 (1,245 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Sent you a PM, thanks for taking your time
Message 28 of 41 (1,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jenny7020 I think it's related to this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Bot-Enhancement-not-working-Patch-1-60-54/td-p/868...

The greyed out message with the rain does seem connected to the weather. If I change the weather to sunny, it's not greyed out but as it's broken, it's of course not usable anyways.

Snowing as well as cloudy weather seems to trigger it on your save which does seem odd.

I didn't check, how many times have you upgraded them ? Should you be able to upgrade them further ?

Have you ever been able to repair them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 41 (1,192 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict The bots are level 9 and 10, im not able to upgrade the level 9. Yes prevous to the newest patch i had no problem.

I just now created a new bot and broke it, and it works just fine to fix it, so i guess the issue just applies to the old ones for some reason
Message 30 of 41 (1,179 Views)