Re: Enhancing/Upgrading Bots

by flippityflopith

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Bot Enhancement Bug not working (Patch 1.60.54)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict I rolled back my save since my sim can only upgrade 1 of 4 bots he has on his lot (even though he's maxed his robotics skill, so possibly that's a different issue Standard smile ). 

1) I had my sim choose the option 'Work on Utili Bot' and then chose the only one I knew could be upgraded; I also knew that my sim enough components to do the upgrade. 

2) My sim grabbed the bot and placed it on the work station and that was it, ie that interaction doesn't appear to actually start the enhancement, it only places it on the workstation.

3) I did then have the sim choose the option to enhance the bot (gardener bot) and he was able to enhance it to level 4, though I don't see an option to enhance it beyond that. (that also counted towards the Bot Savants goal which I've had problems meeting in the past even when I've done upgrades).

So I would think the work around is to just choose the option to enhance once the bot is on the workstation, assuming the option is there (which it isn't for most of mine even though the bots are only level 3).

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 11 of 41 (2,249 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Bot Enhancement Bug not working (Patch 1.60.54)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I'm facing this issue as well in the sense that I can't enhance my Servo or check its enhancement progress. The action menu is there but nothing happens when I click on it. No CC except for outfits.
Message 12 of 41 (2,205 Views)

Enhancing/Upgrading Bots

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion packs, all the game packs, laundry day, backyard, romantic garden, perfect patio, luxury party, and holiday celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking on the robotics workstation and not having the option to enhance/upgrade a bot. (Despite having more than enough materials to do so in my sims inventory)
What happens when the bug occurs? I am not given the option to enhance/upgrade my bots.
What do you expect to see? I try to upgrade my bots, but the option isn't shown/available.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tried to find the option when having the materials in my sims inventory. Even though I have triple the amount of items required it still doesn't appear.

Message 13 of 41 (2,224 Views)

Hero
@flippityflopith Does it matter which robot ? Did you enhance them before ?

Merged with another thread on this although there seem to different issues: No option, option not doing anything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 41 (2,180 Views)

★ Novice

It happens with all my bots. I haven't been able to enhance any bots with any sims/save because the option has never been available.

Message 15 of 41 (2,155 Views)

Hero
@flippityflopith Skill is maxed out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 41 (2,121 Views)

★ Novice

Yes it is

Message 17 of 41 (2,085 Views)

Hero

HI @flippityflopith 

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 41 (2,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have the same issue.  I am not using any mods/cc.  I have 3 sims in the family with the robotics skill maxed, and not one of them can upgrade the bot (gardening).  I was able to upgrade it to lvl 6, but since then I cannot make any upgrades.  If need be I can PM you the saved file (Where is the PM function on the site?)

UPDATE:  I made sure that I had double the needed amount of all items and that seems to work.  Also, the amounts needed increase after six, so make sure you have loads of parts in your inventory.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 19 of 41 (2,016 Views)

Hero
@Namennaj Click on the arrow next to your username and click inbox

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 41 (1,990 Views)