by ThatStarWarsGirl

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Black Ground in 1 room, Black plants, Staticy Floor

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Holiday Celebration, Spooky Stuff, Dine Out, Moschino, Parenthood, Island Living, Toddler Stuff, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I couldn't tell you, as it only just started happening randomly and I don't know how to duplicate it myself. I can't discern a cause.
What happens when the bug occurs? the floor on the ground level within a single room turned black where there was bare earth and where there was flooring, the floor had blinking static streaks whenever i moved the camera. 3 plants I had planted also suddenly turned almost completely black where the rest of the plants around them are perfectly normal.
What do you expect to see? I expect textures, lighting, and colors to behave normally and for objects not to be enveloped in shadow.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My game was running perfectly fine, then one day the floor on the ground level within a single room turned black where there was bare earth and where there was flooring, the floor had blinking static streaks whenever i moved the camera. This was the lone bug for a couple of real life days.
Today, 3 plants I had planted also suddenly turned almost completely black where the rest of the plants around them are perfectly normal (theyre all indoor in a greenhouse. i've grown plants perfectly fine like this before and they're all cared for).
It's a retail lot that I built to be a museum with an added home for my sim when he works late. These errors are only occuring on this lot that i've found so far.

I was playing with CC and mods before this bug occured and they've never caused me these issues, but I removed it all and repaired my game through Origin. Restarted my game, loaded the save, and the bugs still exist. I tried moving and deleting items as well to no avail.

Update: All plants my sim plants on this lot also turn completely black now- the soil mound included.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (479 Views)

Re: Black Ground in 1 room, Black plants, Staticy Floor

Hero
@ThatStarWarsGirl Could you retest this after today's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (417 Views)

Re: Black Ground in 1 room, Black plants, Staticy Floor

★ Novice

Tested. The bug remains, unfortunately

Message 3 of 3 (404 Views)