by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Birthday Sim missing in NPC Birthday Event

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pets, Monchismo and Bowling Night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not overly sure, be invited to a friend or family member's birthday and they may or may not show up, even though the guests and caterer do.
What happens when the bug occurs? Birthday sim is missing, i.e not on lot or in the vicinity of the party location.
What do you expect to see? The Birthday sim at their own party
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim was just invited to her brother's birthday party, as my sim got there I noticed that he was missing. I figured this was fine since it takes a while for sims to arrive. But as the other guests and the caterer arrived, I noticed the lot was missing the most important sim, the birthday boy. He was nowhere to be found (San Myshuno only two floors to the apartment with only three rooms upstairs.) I tried searchi9ng around the neighbourhood for him, and he wasn't out milling about in the snow, and my sim was able to call him and speak to him on the phone (so he was definitely NOT nearby as you can not call nearby sims.)

I remember this being an issue a while back and it was fixed, so I'm not overly sure if this is just a onetime glitch in my game, or if it's an issue with apartments/San Myshuno, however, it's very annoying. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.  

Message 1 of 5 (841 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Missing birthday sim

Hero
@halloweenchild13 Does the Sim have any kind of NPC role applied to him ? Bartender ? Is he an employee at a restaurant or vet clinic ?

Any type of occult ? Like maybe a vampire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (822 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Nope, he's a human sim and is in the politics career branch. He does have a baby with his wife, maybe there's an issue with the baby NPC interfering?
Message 3 of 5 (798 Views)

Hero
@halloweenchild13 Maybe the bug is just back.

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (787 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Edited.
Message 5 of 5 (769 Views)