[OPEN] Bills are wrong amount if playing another lot when they arrive

by epaor

Original Post

Re: Game's not counting water & power excess to bills while being on a diffe

[ Edited ]
Hero

@epaor It does look like what I saw in the other users save.

You get a bill only for the lot taxes but nothing else and the lot tax amount differs as it's probably the one for the active lot you were at (which is also probably the same that's been happening since OR came out)

I couldn't duplicate the not being able to pay the bills so I think it's basically you're getting the bill for the active lot your own but since you don't own that you don't have any of the extras or get the reductions/fines.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 44 (837 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, I think so - the bill is for the active lot that I don't own and I don't get my own while traveling back to my place.
Message 12 of 44 (804 Views)

Hero
@epaor I do think it's the same as this old issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-OR-JA-Very-High-Household-Bills-While-On-Vacation/... but I'm keeping this as new thread as the bill system was changed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 44 (772 Views)

Re: Bills Not Getting Paid

Hero
@mazdalover24 Have you been able to solve the issue with not able to pay the bills ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 44 (694 Views)

now bills/taxes are extremly high, varying factor 5x to 10x each week

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except MFPS and snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game, beta test yourself
What happens when the bug occurs? now bills/taxes are extremly high, varying factor 5x to 10x each week
What do you expect to see? more predictable bills
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the oktober patch i guess.

now bills/taxes are extremly high, varying factor 5x to 10x each week.

yes, i know, the bills have been too low and they fixed that. but now i have some weeks where the bills are 5 or 10 times higher than the week before (no big changes on the lot)
maybe it's not a bug, i don't know how the taxes are calculated ( i'm not talking about water and energy costs)

but now the bills/taxes are very unpredictable und sometimes so high that it feels like a bug.

Message 15 of 44 (706 Views)

Re: Bills are really high

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

after i saw this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Very-High-Household-Bills-While-On-Vacation/m-p/8243899#M...

the first time i recignised the much higher than usual bills the sim was on a public lot, not at home. i thought at that moment, that this was the bug somehow, when paying bills via phone not from home lot.
next time i saw a especially high bill (not at home lot) i went home but the bills were the same at home as well, so i did not pay further attention to that. but now after mentioned in this thread that others had also the impression that bills are especially high when on vacation or public lit, maybe the issue lies there.

Message 16 of 44 (675 Views)

Re: now bills/taxes are extremly high, varying factor 5x to 10x each week

Hero
@rottenmeier Moving your report over to the other thread on bills while on another lots.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 44 (656 Views)

My eco-living items aren't discounting bills when sims are not home

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion packs, every game pack except star wars, Laundry day, nifty nitty, bowling, luxury party, spooky stuff, movie hangout and cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You basically live on a lot with all bill discount items and eco living items and have your bills discounted, then you go visit a public lot or anywhere that isn't your home and then you have to pay full price for your bills.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even when you go back home, you still have to pay full price for your bills that were given to you while on the public lot, even though at home, you have a lot of ecoliving and bill discount items. basically the game doesn't register the eco-living items on your property while giving you your bills if you are on another lot other than your house.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the eco-living and bill discount items on my lot counted towards my discounted bills instead of having to pay full price for my bills. I shouldn't have to stay home and wait for the bills to come just to get a bill discount every few days.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just want to be able to leave the property and have my bills discounted when my sim is not home. 

Message 18 of 44 (630 Views)

Re: My eco-living items aren't discounting bills when sims are not home

Hero
@cookielover11111 they are generally the wrong amount if you get bills while on another lot

I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 44 (616 Views)

Re: My eco-living items aren't discounting bills when sims are not home

★★ Apprentice

Thank you Crin! It is very disappointing when you buy a bunch of eco stuff and raising your lot taxes adding these features, just for them to not register if you travel.

I appreciate it Standard smile thank you i hope this gets fixed soon

Message 20 of 44 (583 Views)