by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Bills are wrong amount if playing another lot when they arrive

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to other lot before time the bills arrive every monday
What happens when the bug occurs? When you get bills on monday while being on other lot, you have to pay lot taxes and the game is not counting your water and power excess and also discounts. You have to pay the full lot taxes even when you're back home where you have utilities.
What do you expect to see? Paying the same amount I would pay when being on the lot while the bills arrive.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Also 24 hours after delivering the bills the electricity is being shut if not paid. It's annoying.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 5 of 44 (4,065 Views)

Bills Not Getting Paid

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All except Eco Lifestyle Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day, Bowling Night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can find the bug by living in the 19 Culpepper House in San Myshuno, and go to the gym before 5:00 a.m. Monday morning.
What happens when the bug occurs? The rent will become due at 5:00 a.m. on Monday instead of 10:00 a.m., and will be considered as unpaid. The full original bill (power, water. and original rent) will still be intact, and cannot be paid. This causes a high bill payment amount for the following Monday.
What do you expect to see? My original bill due at 10:00 a.m. Monday morning no matter where I am.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In my attached screenshot, you can see I have more than enough funds to pay the bills, but somehow I have unpaid rent. I have removed all of my CC and Mc Command Center, deleted the local thumb cache package file, and repaired the game. The issue is still there. I was hoping that the force bills cheat would work, but it seems that it was removed from the game.

Message 1 of 44 (3,924 Views)

Re: Bills Not Getting Paid

Hero
@mazdalover24 Did you remove the mods/cc before or after you got the bill ? Do you have a backup from before the bill to see if it happens again if you don't have mods/cc when the bills arrive ?

Do you have any mods dealing with bills ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 44 (3,893 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

I removed the mods before and after I received the bill. I had a save that was that saved on Saturday (in-game day), and played through it without mods and cc.

Here is a screen recording that shows the problem:
https://youtu.be/ddeuEP0Sb0Y 

Message 3 of 44 (3,864 Views)

Hero
@mazdalover24 The unpaid rent showed up for me although the bill hasn't gotten in.

Did you ever get actual bills in the mail ?

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 44 (3,837 Views)

Re: Game's not counting water & power excess to bills while being on a diffe

Hero
@epaor About the lot taxes: Are they higher on another like this bug that's been in the game since forever: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-OR-JA-Very-High-Household-Bills-While-On-Vacation/... or what do you mean by: you have to pay lot taxes ? Bit unclear why the lot taxes should be reduced (although I haven't played enough to be familiar with the new system)

The total is a tiny but smaller than your lot tax on your picture.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 44 (4,002 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I pay the standard lot taxes but by using solar panels, dew collectors, wind turbines etc you collect and store power and water for the whole week (unless you decide to sell it). You can also get extra money for going by the NAPs and get penalties for not doing it.
When you receive your bill on monday on the lot you live in, you pay less or even get extra money if you have power and water in storage. But when you get the notification about bills while being on a different lot you get bill like the one in screenshot - you have to pay lot taxes and your stored power and water is simply not counting to the bill even if you travel back and pay it from your own lot.
Message 7 of 44 (3,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@epaor Could you post a picture of what you're bill looks like when you're on the lot when it arrives ?

EDIT: Is that what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bills-Not-Getting-Paid/m-p/9307258 ? (- the not able to pay part) 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 44 (3,972 Views)

Hero
@mazdalover24 I tested your save and I was able to pay the bill (although it was lower than it should have been as the power and water wasn't added which is probably the same this user is reporting: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-s-not-counting-water-amp-power-excess-to-bills-while-bein...

So basically what I'm seeing is this

1. Travel to another lot
2. Get bills at 5 am instead of 10 but only for the lot tax amount
3. go back to your home lot
4. pay bill which is lower than it should be (Phone or Mailbox)
5. The next bill will be higher cause you didn't pay for water/power

I didn't play until next bill but no power shut-down happened for not paying bill

I do agree that the bill shouldn't arrive early and should be full amount but I couldn't duplicate the not being able to pay one. You do have the option in your video on the mail box as well for §600

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 44 (3,787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictNope, that's not it. I'll try to catch the bill while on lot and while off lot.

EDIT:

so bills on lot I've got after 11 a.m. and on other lot after 5 a.m. indeed.

Here are screens, in Polish this time. The first one is on my lot, the second one is on different lot.

It's like it tells me to pay bills of this lot even if I come home.

Message 10 of 44 (3,903 Views)