★★ Guide

@crinrict second

Message 11 of 29 (1,382 Views)

Re: Basement disappearing when placing lot from library

★★ Guide
Message 12 of 29 (1,381 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen Must have been a coincidance that it worked for me before. Now I can't get it to stay either.

To be sure: you only get this when placing them on a smaller lot then the house was build for, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 29 (1,374 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I will try it again on a same-size lot
Message 14 of 29 (1,368 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict It does seem to only happen on a smaller lot than it was built on. The basement was there when placing the house on a same-size lot.
Message 15 of 29 (1,358 Views)

★ Novice

I ran into this to fix was tedious but if you just copy all of the rooms and stack on top of the home you can place it and it will show just install on new lot. A lot of work lol but transferred everything 🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 16 of 29 (1,272 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Does this STILL not have a resolution? First reported back in December of 2019 and STILL no resolution?

I just had this happen yesterday, and am both unwilling and skillfully unable to just build the basement from the Gallery build piece by piece. 

Message 17 of 29 (788 Views)

EA Staff
@Katawampus227

Hello!

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 29 (751 Views)

Moving house to smaller lot deletes sublevels

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I initially moved the build from a 30x30 to a 50x40 and the lower levels were placed intact. However, when I placed the 50x40 saved lot on to a 30x40, the lower levels were deleted. Only one of the lower levels went the depth of the lot.

Screenshot 2023-06-25 120028.png

Screenshot 2023-06-25 120125.png

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Game is fully updated.
Steps: Save a build with 2 sublevels on a 50x40 lot, then place it on a 30x40 lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? when the build is placed, the sublevels are deleted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unsure if I've ever needed to move a build with sublevels to a smaller lot, can't say if it would have happened before the last patch/update to make it relevant.

Thanx.

Message 19 of 29 (563 Views)

Re: Moving house to smaller lot deletes sublevels

Champion (Retired)

@greighish 

It is normal for anything from a bigger lot that exceeds the boundary of a smaller lot gets deleted when placed. You should have an option to adjust the placement so as much of the important things as possible fits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 20 of 29 (534 Views)