Re: Basement disappearing when placing lot from library

by marianlarsen

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Basement disappearing when placing lot from library to smaller lot

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except My First Pet stuff, Moschino, Realm Of Magic and Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a lot with basement from your library.
What happens when the bug occurs? The basement disappears when you place the lot.
What do you expect to see? Being able to place my hole house, including the basement.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I saved one of my houses to the library, loaded a different save and placed the lot and house on an empty lot, and after confirming the placement of the lot and house, I noticed the basement was missing.

I placed my saved lot on a smaller lot, but everything from first floor and up was there when I placed it, only the basement was missing. The basement is smaller than first and second floor.

i had to go back to my other save, save the basement to my library as a separate room, and then go to my other save and place the basement where I wanted it.

This has never been a problem before, so the bug must have come with one of the last updates.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 29 (4,908 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen Does this only happen when the lot is smaller ?

Do you still have the lot in your gallery and which lot did you try placing it on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (4,891 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I haven’t tried other lots yet.
I do have the lot in my gallery, it’s called «Twin Oracle Point» and the basement is just called «Basement».
My ID is marianlarsen.
Message 3 of 29 (4,884 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I placed my lot in Newcrest on the «Optimist's Outlook» lot.
Message 4 of 29 (4,873 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen Seems to work fine for me. The basement is there.

Did you try moving it around the lot a bit to see if it disappears on every spot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 29 (4,865 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 29 (4,828 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@crinrict I haven’t had the time to test it yet. I’ll try tonight or tomorrow.
Message 7 of 29 (4,821 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I tried testing it now. I started a new save, placed the same lot from my library to the same lot in Newcrest as previously, without changing direction of the lot or anything else, and after I confirmed the placement, the basement was missing. The rest of my house is still intact.
Message 8 of 29 (4,792 Views)

Hero
@marianlarsen Could you post a picture how you're placing it ? I mean as the lot is smaller, it could be an issue of how you put it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 29 (4,788 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict I took screenshot of three different placements of the lot, this is the first.

Message 10 of 29 (4,775 Views)