by IceAxe18

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Baby taken away although taken care of

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/A
What happens when the bug occurs? I've neglected my baby message occurred
What do you expect to see? not being neglected
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Today I loaded up my save, and then i got a message that the baby was taken away, because the baby was neglected even though the parents took care of the needs.

Message 1 of 10 (1,522 Views)

Re: Baby Neglected

Hero
@IceAxe18 Did you send the baby to daycare at one point ?

Did you check your auto-backups if you still have one and does it happen again on those: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,514 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No I never have sent the baby to daycare.

I'm not sure really want you mean about the auto-backups, but I did try loading my save a whole bunch of times, and kept getting the same message that I've neglected the baby. Then I decided to for get it, and continued on, and there sad, and they got another baby coming, and I'm hoping this doesn't happen again.

Message 3 of 10 (1,500 Views)

Hero
@IceAxe18 The link I gave above explains how to recover an older save but it's possible that all backups are now overwritten.

Still worth a try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,495 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nope, unfortunately there is no backup older than the save where the baby is taken away.

Message 5 of 10 (1,451 Views)

Hero
@IceAxe18 It does sound similar to this old fixed issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Baby-taken-away-baby-doesn-t-cry-when-hungry/m-p/4529566 but that was more the baby never being unhappy and then taken away rather than being taken care of and then taken away

I'm going to add this for now to see if it's still happening for others too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,430 Views)

Hero
@IceAxe18 Added this to the list for now but curious if anyone still sees this after Patch 1.52.100

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,379 Views)

Re: Baby taken away

★ Apprentice

I know this is an old thread, but I didn't see that it was closed, sorry if I should start a new one instead, I couldn't figure out how. I just had this problem. I'm on a Mac, I had a baby still in the bassinet get "whisked away to safety" without crying and without any warning pop up first. Unfortunately, I don't have a save to offer, as I shut down without saving. I'll see if it happens again.

Message 8 of 10 (673 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay, I did get a warning this time that the baby is very hungry and will be taken away if no one feeds him, but the baby is still asleep, not crying. Perhaps this is an intentional change with the new pack?

Message 9 of 10 (667 Views)

Hero
@ae2e2ad59c70318d The other one was marked fixed, just not locked. I moved your post over to a newer thread (although this is really also old).

Did you get the warning out of the blue or are you playing rotationally and switch to the family and then got the warning ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (657 Views)