Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [BNSP] Bowling with NPCs almost impossible

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send your Sim to a bowling center and invite a townie or a NPC friend who travelled with you to a bowling match.
What happens when the bug occurs? The NPC almost never plays more than one round. He immediately gets distracted by other Sims or the bar and with 90 % probability leaves the lot before finishing the match.
What do you expect to see? The NPC finishing the game with my Sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been happening for a long while now. I usually play 3-round bowling matches,

Message 1 of 16 (3,015 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [BNSP] Bowling with NPCs almost impossible

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (2,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@crinrictalanmichael1 I wonder if the frequency of this bug varies depending on the design of the bowling alley? I can usually finish 3-round matches with NPC's and maybe 50% of the time I can finish 5-round matches (though this can take several game hours due to distractions from other NPC's as you described). I'm not using a Maxis designed bowling alley. I'm using a combo bowling alley (four lanes), arcade, and bar (designated in the game as a Bar).

I agree though, it would be a lot more fun if you could actually finish the bowling matches once they've started.

Message 3 of 16 (2,864 Views)

★ Novice

Just chiming in to say that I have had this problem too, on console (PS4 to be specific). I've had it happen when inviting people from other households to bowl, but I have also had it happen when I have invited other members of my own household to bowl. I haven't tried it with the club system yet. I may give that a spin and report back later.

Message 4 of 16 (2,785 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BNSP] Bowling with NPCs almost impossible

★★★ Apprentice

I've also reproduced this on a new game with no mods or CC:

1. Plop the bowling alley that comes with the pack.
  2. Go to the map.
  3. Go to the bowling alley.
  4. Select two Sims to come with you.
  5. Click the bowling alley and either choose Bowl... 3 / 5 frame game together OR choose Invite to Bowl... and select the two Sims.

Actual Result:

One person will bowl, then nothing else happens. The action stays in my queue, but no one else will try to bowl. After a few minutes, the Sims I invited will leave the lot, even though they're in a group with me.

Expected Result:

All invited Sims will bowl the number of frames selected until the bowling game is complete.

Other notes:

I tried going to the lot alone and inviting Sims to bowl who were already on the lot. They took FOREVER to take turns, but it otherwise behaved as expected (but I only stuck around to watch one frame).

I would really like for this to be escalated, considering the main feature of the pack that I purchased doesn't work and this has been a problem since at least May 2019.

Message 5 of 16 (2,600 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am really getting tired of these bugs.  Bowling alley, playing chess and so many others not working.  Not sure if I post this at the right section, if not please let me know.  Would really love my money back for this pack, I am tired of spending money on something that do not work.  I refuse to get a mod to fix something, do not want any mods in my game.  So I am holding EA responsible for this.  My money back for this pack and then I will uninstall it.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 16 (2,526 Views)

★ Guide

Yesterday I took my sim with friends in a group, to the bowling alley, we started a game and soon after they leave and leave me alone playing. Today I tried again and the same thing happened, it is impossible to finish a game, also, it is very boring to wait a long time between turns, the sims start talking, that is fine, but they talk and do not play, I think to finish a game it would take a whole night playing, that is if they don't go away and leave you alone. You need to fix this and the bowling games to be more dynamic, please!

Message 7 of 16 (2,309 Views)

★ Guide

Tomorrow is gonna be the patch, but its not on the laundry list so i am not gonna hold my breath. Lets hope they fix it. I liked it better, when they didnt talk during bowling. I always cancel the talking out. A workaround for PC Players that use mods to use the ''Control any Sim Mod'' and just temporarily control them that way so they finish the game.

Message 8 of 16 (2,064 Views)

Sims never bowl anymore!!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Seasons and Cottage Living All the Vacation packs and a lot of the others, but way to many to list.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a Bowling venue and see if any sims bowl
What happens when the bug occurs? I have gone a my Bowling venue for days and invited sims to bowl with me. Just 3 frames, and I am lucky to get them to stay playing for 1 frame before they run off to do other things. I have not played this game in a year or two, and when I did, I used to come to bowl and see leagues bowling alone with others, and a family or 2, now no one bowls but me. I installed the Get Famous Expansion Pack and some famous sim comes in and everything stops. So I found a lot trait mod that helps by keeping the fans and pop out, but the famous come in and try to make everyone cheer them anyway, so even though it now runs better, no one bowls ever. Is there a mod that draws sims to bowl and gets the leagues going again?
What do you expect to see? Sims bowling, and Bowling leagues, would be nice if the barista bar not only had a barista, but a buss sim to clean up the dishes and clean the bar and machines. The barista is always so busy that they can't clean anything. So I end up doing it. This has become a major fact with Get Famous installed, as all the sims keep ordering drinks and food and leaving it sit there, then order more with the constant Famous demands for cheers. So I leave and come back the next day to see all the tables and the bar covered with cups and plates of half eaten and drank items all smoking green with bugs flying around them. Bowling is not the only venue that is no longer running. Nightclubs are dead in the water as soon as a Famous walks in. I can't go anywhere in the game as a non famous sim without 2 or more Famous showing up and bringing the game to a screeching halt. Please make it so they the "Famous" only go to the singing clubs and Formal dress dinning spots. Places you would spot a Famous person in Real Life. I would never see Tom Cruse at a city park, or a lowly coffee shop.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get Famous, But I also installed the jungle and Star Wars pack and some other packs, as of now I have no bowling mods installed. When I started playing this game again after around 2 years ago, I removed all mods and only added stuff that I needed to make the game more playable.

I have gone a my Bowling venue for days and invited sims to bowl with me. Just 3 frames, and I am lucky to get them to stay playing for 1 frame before they run off to do other things.

I have not played this game in a year or two, and when I did, I used to come to bowl and see leagues bowling alone with others, and a family or 2, now no one bowls but me. I installed the Get Famous Expansion Pack and some famous sim comes in and everything stops. So I found a lot trait mod that helps by keeping the fans and pop out, but the famous come in and try to make everyone cheer them anyway, so even though it now runs better, no one bowls ever.

Is there a mod that draws sims to bowl and gets the leagues going again?

Sims bowling, and Bowling leagues, would be nice if the barista bar not only had a barista, but a buss sim to clean up the dishes and clean the bar and machines. The barista is always so busy that they can't clean anything. So I end up doing it. This has become a major fact with Get Famous installed, as all the sims keep ordering drinks and food and leaving it sit there, then order more with the constant Famous demands for cheers. So I leave and come back the next day to see all the tables and the bar covered with cups and plates of half eaten and drank items all smoking green with bugs flying around them.

Message 9 of 16 (1,980 Views)

Re: Sims never bowl anymore!!

Hero
@Romzarah Sounds like this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-BNSP-Bowling-with-NPCs-almost-impossible/td-p/78... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (1,943 Views)