by Jan_831

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [BNSP] Bowling does not work

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go bowling with Seasons installed
What happens when the bug occurs? I sent my Sims bowling and all the pins were down, it was daytime in the early afternoon. Went to go bowling, it on moonlight bowling, I wanted them to select a ball, they went to the bar instead. I clicked on a bowling lane and told them to bowl 5 games together both sims threw up their hands and couldn't bowl. All the pins in all the lanes were down and no one was bowling, not even the NPC's that were there, they were just standing around.
What do you expect to see? NPC's bowling and to for my sims to be able to bowl.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

‌Prior to Seasons, my sims bowled regularly and it always worked, I have never had a problem before Seasons.  My sims haven't bowled since before the patch for seasons so I am not sure if it is the patch or seasons;

Message 1 of 7 (3,025 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [BNSP] Bowling does not work

★★ Guide

I just tested it out and I was able to reproduce this bug. Bowling works fine for me as long as all bowling pins on a lane are up when entering the lot, however sims cannot bowl on a lane where at least one pin has already been down at the time you enter the bowling lot. Just a lot of shrugging and no bowling. 

Message 2 of 7 (2,895 Views)

★ Guide
Every time my Sims attempt to go Bowling, the pins are all down in every lane, other NPC Sims are standing around and no body can bowl.
Message 3 of 7 (2,825 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this problem at first. Wouldn't do anything. So I decided to destroy the bar/bowling alley on the lot, then I rebuilt it and everything worked fine. Could be one answer for this problem.Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (2,785 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (2,754 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BNSP] Bowling does not work

EA Staff

Hi @Jan_831

Would you be willing to share the save file where you encountered this issue with us? 

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks a million!

Message 6 of 7 (2,687 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BNSP] Bowling does not work

★ Guide

Hi,

Unfortunately I no longer have that save file.  I am sorry I would have been willing to share it but after checking my saves I don't have any of the files from June anymore. Although I do backup my saves, I didn't back up that one because of the bug.   I did bulldoze the building and placed a new one on the lot as someone suggested and that worked.

Message 7 of 7 (2,658 Views)