[OPEN] Auto-Lights not working

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Auto-Lights don't turn off

★ Apprentice

I was actually able to fix it by going to build mode and deleting all the lights and placing new ones. Still, I shouldn’t have had this problem in the first place.

Message 21 of 42 (1,586 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@avela0778 Not sure if its the same problem, but I noticed in my game, if anyone leaves the lot by the fireplace, (father winter and a number of other sims) this breaks the lights in that room until I leave the lot and come back. Automatic lights don't work any more until I do that.
Message 22 of 42 (1,568 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, not the same. I hadn’t played this particular household in a while and log in to them with this problem.

Message 23 of 42 (1,561 Views)

The lights in my Sims builds not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.25.102.2300(64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Eco living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn the lights on in your Sims house to Auto light all lights
What happens when the bug occurs? When you put all the lights in your Sims house to auto light all lights. They're supposed to go on or off when your sim leaves or enters a room. Also the lights don't go on when it gets dark or off during the day. Also the touchless Nano trash can is no longer working it does not give money when you put your trash into it anymore
What do you expect to see? When you put your lights on auto light they should go on and off correctly when your sim leaves or enters the room. The touchless Nano trash can gives money when you put your trash into it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been happening to me for a while now with the lights not working properly in my game also the touchless Nano trash can is not working properly as well it no longer gives money when you throw your trash away

Message 24 of 42 (1,487 Views)

Re: The lights in my Sims builds not working

Hero
@ShadowPanda0702 Merging this with an older thread on auto-lights.

Please use this thread for the nano trash can: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Nanocan-not-giving-simoleans/td-p/9167567

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 42 (1,471 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Auto-Lights not working

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with the auto lights not working throughout my whole build but I play on console Xbox One I've been having this issue since November 2019

Message 26 of 42 (1,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4 (digital)
Platform: XB1
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except...:

• University 
  • Realm of Magic
  • Vampires
  • Outdoor Retreat
  • Strangerville
  • Laundry Day
  • Movie Hangout
  • Backyard Stuff
  • Moschino
  • Spooky
  • Romantic Garden
  • Luxury Party 

What happens when the bug occurs? Outdoor auto-lights don’t turn off 
What do you expect to see? Auto lights turn off 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Bug has been occurring for over 6 months, and happens at all properties regardless of world location.

Message 27 of 42 (1,420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This has been an issue for a while. It’s the gray saucer lights for me that appear to be broken. If you replace them with the child like saucer lights that come in only green, orange and blue, the auto light option should work again. I’m not sure if other lights are affected like the saucer one but so far, it’s that saucer light that appears to be broken. It causes lights to still stay on when you’ve set it to go off in certain rooms. It’ll also remove the option to “set this light” after you’ve already set the entire room the first time and instead only shows the option to turn on or off all lights and 1 other option displays, at least for me. I found that replacing that light with the massive one from basegame that I mentioned, is an effective fix. You just have to stack multiple to get a decent lighting effect and size it down to your preference and set it like normal. I hope that helps for now. Too bad EA didn’t add more colors to it.

Message 28 of 42 (1,392 Views)

★ Guide

I've seen this problem today, my sims left a bowl of salad and 2 dirty plates on the kitchen, and auto-lights would keep them on unless I turn it off manually.

Message 29 of 42 (1,371 Views)

Re: Eco-Friendly Light Bulb by Morcucorp doesn't work with auto lights

★★★ Apprentice

I noticed this bug today, my bathrooms auto light isn’t working (I have the dispersive wall lamp on both). when I turn them on manually it works, but when I choose auto light they don’t turn on when my Sim is in the room. 

Message 30 of 42 (1,230 Views)