by canelacaliente

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Ash Piles Are Not Automatically Cleaned Up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See below
What happens when the bug occurs? Ash piles are not automatically cleaned up by maids or by using the cleaning frenzy action on Sims. They are also not cleaned up by directing a Sim to clean with the Simray. They only way they can be cleaned is by clicking on the ash pile and having the Sim clean it up.
What do you expect to see? Maids and Sims are automatically able to clean up ash piles.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

With Maid

1. Have an item burn until it creates an ash pile
  2. Wait for the maid to come during the next shift
  3. The Maid will ignore the ash pile

With Neat Trait Sim

1. Have an item burn until it creates an ash pile
  2. Add a Sim with the Neat trait to the household
  3. Direct the Sim with the neat trait to perform a Cleaning Frenzy

I tested with the Simray and the Sim does not clean up the ash pile.

I didn't test with a parent directing a Sim to clean, or a Sim with the Musical Genius trait directing a Sim to clean.

Message 1 of 2 (555 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Ash Piles Are Not Automatically Cleaned Up

★★★★★ Pro

I can confirm this. I had a spellcaster cast Inferniate to burn one of his VIP buckets and Chillio to extinguish the fire. This left an ash pile which he can Throw Away or cast Scruberoo on, so it's clearly something in need of cleaning. He hired maid service which started the next day. The maid arrived and then departed with the message, "Looks like your place doesn't need my services today. I'll just head off to my next client." The ash pile is still there. The maid did not clean it and neither has my spellcaster who has full autonomy.

Message 2 of 2 (498 Views)