by anadius1

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] 'Add Sim from My Library' in CAS requires online access

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to "Game Options", "Other", uncheck "Online Features Access". Go to CAS, click "Add a Sim", click "Add Sim from My Library".
What happens when the bug occurs? Error message appears: "To continue, enable Online Features in the Game Options".
What do you expect to see? My Library opened.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I sometimes play offline when I'm on the move and when I do I disable online features. This replaces "Add Sim from the Gallery" with "Add Sim from My Library" button in CAS. And that worked fine before, now it wants me to enable online features back. I don't know when this started but it worked fine in January.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (3,877 Views)

Re: "Add Sim from My Library" in CAS requires online access

Hero
@anadius1 I tested this and it works fine for me.

Do you just have the game offline or also Origin and/or your computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (3,850 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I tested with my internet connection completely disabled. I tested with internet on but Origin in offline mode. I tested with Origin in online mode. In all 3 cases I disabled online features in game options and each time it gave me the same result I described in the first post.

When I enable online features "Add Sim from My Library" turns into "Add Sim from the Gallery" and it works perfectly fine. But when I'm offline I obviously can't access the gallery.

I repeated the test after moving my "The Sims 4" folder out of "Documents\Electronic Arts". Same result.
Message 3 of 6 (3,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@anadius1 Could you try if it works, if you click on the library icon and choose the Sim and add them that way

Guess I tested the wrong thing. Will test your way as well.

EDIT: Yes, sorry, I can duplicate if I press that button. Adding through the library icon works for me though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (3,826 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yup, can confirm, adding through the library icon works fine. But that's still a bug, it should work both ways.
Message 5 of 6 (3,811 Views)

Hero
@anadius1 Of course. Will forward.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (3,795 Views)