[FIXED] Active Sims autonomously remove wild plants (Green Fiend Trait ?)

by SparklyB

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Active Sims autonomously remove wild plants (Green Fiend Trait ?)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe have the same traits as my Sim and see if they do the same thing. She's moved into the off the grid shipping containers in Port Promise and has the Eco Innovator aspiration and the following traits; Maker, Good, Green Fiend and collector.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim wants to pull up neighbourhood plants.
What do you expect to see? Plants being left so I can harvest them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded Eco Lifestyle and most recent June patch.

My Sim is constantly pulling up neighbourhood plants.

I noticed this straight away. Randomly she would run to to the edge of the lot she's on and pull up the plant. They are always the soy plants, which is really annoying as I want to harvest them for wax etc. It's maybe the soy because that's all the wild plants that seem to be about in this world.

Wherever she is on a lot, if she ever stops an action she will just randomly run to whichever plant is on that lot and remove it. I thought maybe it would be in her inventory, but it's not, it just disappears. It's as if she's wanting to tidy up, but is being over zealous because she's actually removing something useful. I try to cancel the action when it comes up, but she sometimes still bends down and removes the plant. 

Sometimes she runs really far to pull up the plant as well. It's not as if she's right next to it. It could be on the other side of the area she's in and she'll stop her conversation or what she's doing and run over to it to remove it. I'm not sure how removing a wild plant is eco either, since the rubbish is still littered all over, but we'll pull up a useful plant instead :-/

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 33 (2,534 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Removing of wild plants

Hero

Now only Gardeners autonomously remove wild plants. Sims with Green Fiend Trait (if you own Eco Lifestyle) were being a bit overly eager in removing plants everywhere, so the professionals will handle it from now on.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 33 of 33 (2,112 Views)

All Replies

Re: sim pulls up plants

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SparklyB Any Gardening action plant plan in place around ?

EDIT: Fixed typo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (2,455 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  The first time it happened she was on her lot and she has some plants growing in a vertical planter on the roof. The plant she pulled up was on a verge just near her lot.

The second time it happened was when she went to the Harris lot. She didn't actually knock on their door, so hadn't officially visited their lot. But she ran all the way down the street to pull up a plant on a grass verge. I did mange to stop her doing that one.

The third time it happened she had visited the Greenburg household.  She had been using the fabricator, but when she finished she just ran off the lot and went to pull up a plant on the grass verge nearby. I managed to stop her, but next time I visited the lot the plant wasn't there. 

It's really quite annoying because a lot of these plants are ready to harvest for soy wax, and she pulls them up before I can do that.

Message 3 of 33 (2,437 Views)

★ Expert
@crinrict This is why I asked you yesterday, Crinrict, to reopen the thread I had.
Message 4 of 33 (2,433 Views)

Message 5 of 33 (2,428 Views)

Hero
@SparklyB Sorry, Typo there, Meant action plan.

I think it could be the same cause as the romance issue you reported. Only for gardening this time.

Thinking this is the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-stop-eating-and-cooke-all-the-time/td-p/91781... just for a different action plan.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (2,419 Views)

★ Pro

My Sim lives in port promise, when I went to harvest the soy plant an out-of-town sim beat me to it and removed the plant, the plant did come back in a few days. Never seen my sim attempt to remove them though, so maybe it is trait related.

Message 7 of 33 (2,411 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict @Hi, no. There was no gardening action plan in this neighbourhood. I’d only just started the game when this happened and an action plan had not at this point been voted on. 

The only two action plans currently in this neighbourhood are Clean Energy Production and Upcycling Initiative.

Message 8 of 33 (2,398 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@InfiniteVerve Oh hey, so it’s not just me Standard smile thanks for that. 

Message 9 of 33 (2,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@SparklyByou are very welcome Standard smile you can go click "me too" on that thread (if crinrict reopens it, as crinrict does with all other old posts), and hopefully @crinrict  reopens it- as it is not fixed. The original post was from July 2019, and this issue seems to re-emerge quite often (as can be seen in the three pages on that thread, and the 50 'me too's). Hopefully they will figure out why it keeps coming back.

Message 10 of 33 (2,355 Views)