by siirysiir

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Accused of Cheating on Partner, no partner to cheat on

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim with no spouse, girlfriend, or fiancee, romance and woohoo with a married Sim. Do this with several other married Sims (try for baby is best). Eventually, someone will call saying that you were caught cheating on your partner (reputation hit). And also often, it is one of the Sims who was actually cheating on their spouse calling.
What happens when the bug occurs? A loss of Reputation, even with the Player Trait.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to take a rep hit, or get a call about cheating on a non-existent partner.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I removed my The Sims 4 folder and had the game create a new one before testing.  No Mods were in at the time.  I did use a previous Sim that had been Modded, but those mods were removed when starting the new game.  (Needed a Sim with the Player Trait to test with.)  In the uploaded Screen shot, Bella is calling to say I cheated, when she was one of the Sims my character got pregnant.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (4,388 Views)

Re: Accused of Cheating on Partner, no partner to cheat on.

Hero
@Ulfric_Grimbrand Do you get this if neither partner is married ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (4,330 Views)

Re: Accused of Cheating on Partner, no partner to cheat on.

★★★ Guide

@crinrictI haven't (yet).  Only when the other unplayed Sim is married / engaged / in a relationship.

Message 3 of 6 (4,269 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Accused of Cheating on Partner, no partner to cheat on

★★ Apprentice

I had this problem recently. I got the same phone call (from my sims brother) after that when my sim was flirting with this girl, she slapped my sim out of nowhere. My sim has only one other sim is her romance panel in relationships, but she doesn't even have a romantic relationship with that sim, they are just friends, their romance bar are empty. This never happened to me before the latest patch. 

Message 4 of 6 (4,124 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

I'm getting this even if none of the sims involved aren't in a relationship. I have this sim with the player aspiration romancing around with multiple sims and at least once I just got this random phone call about cheating even if my sim was not in a relationship with anyone. 

To know more, I'd have to play more but I'm just writing this down so anyone could test it as well:
I would check all the permutations to see if it's occurring when it's supposed to and if it's occurring when it's not supposed to. 
played sim with no spouse X townie with no spouse
played sim with no spouse X townie with spouse

played sim with spouse X townie with no spouse
played sim with spouse X townie with spouse

I have so many bugs that I'm seeing and this is not that important for myself personally so it's unfortunately not very high on my priority list of testing so I'd encourage anyone experiencing these inappropriate cheating phone calls to test it out further. Wink Heart

Message 5 of 6 (4,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has there been a solution yet? Because my game is doing this now, and my sim is a celebrity, so the reputation loss is devastating.

Message 6 of 6 (1,595 Views)