by CGrant56

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Able to freshen unrefreshable drinks despite it does nothing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Uni and Island Living and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with mixology skill 10.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim is able to perform the interaction "Freshen Drink" on unrefreshable drinks like CelebuSerum, magical potion, potions from the rewards store, cowplant essences etc. The interaction does nothing, the sim only takes the potion from a surface (like a table) and puts it down again and nothing happens. It is quite a useless interaction.
What do you expect to see? The interaction should not be possible on potions which are not refreshable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See above.

Message 1 of 4 (541 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Able to freshen unrefreshable drinks despite it does nothing

Hero

@Zack4358  You're not alone.  I see it too exactly as you describe it.  I've seen it mentioned in other posts too here and there.  

I agree that the option shouldn't be there for the drinks that can't be refreshed.  Hadn't noticed it on the CelebuSerum though.      

Message 2 of 4 (490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@CGrant56It just resets the timer before they spoil, so if you make a normal drink and say like the timer says 0h0m 5 seconds, you can freshen the drink and it will reset the timer back to what the default was when it was first made. I like to have fun with the refresh drinks and do it on all spoiled drinks as it resets the timer and the quality level goes up because its no longer spoiled. This works with all drinks, orange junce, milk and water. I have not tried it with toddler drinks, but it does work with tea and coffee.

Edit: It also doesn't care if you made the drink or not.

Message 3 of 4 (485 Views)

Hero

@Sid1701d9  I hadn't noticed that so thanks!  I tried refresh on the potions and all that happened was the sim just sets it down.  Never really tried it on other drinks since they get consumed pretty quickly for the most part.

Message 4 of 4 (473 Views)