by danjc1984

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [OR] Granite falls camping lag

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go camping in the camping lot with npc the add to group and go fishing together, click the little icon to return back to camping lot, after a while it stars lagging to a crawl unless you leve the lot via travel or end vaccation
What happens when the bug occurs? It lags fps drop
What do you expect to see? Not to lag
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I think its related to being camping (on the campsite lot) and being there with npc sim and then going fishing *together*, becouse usually after fishing and returning to the lot i cant find the npc sim.

It runs very smoothly until i do the above steps, ive tried with different housholds and  but the same thing happens 

I havent tried if the lag occurs with sims being from the same houshold or on different lots.

Message 2 of 5 (872 Views)

Re: Memory leak when playing in the lower left neighborhood of Newcrest

★ Apprentice

I have the same kind of problem in granite falls runs fine then starts to lag to a stutter no mos or cc what i did....so you can reproduce problem

Had a family of 4, 2 adult , 1 teen, 1 child

Sent only the teen and npc friend to campsite in granite falls For 6 days

Set up tent, cooler, fire and chairs. Sent them fishing came back to campsite the npc sim sleeps on bench near the toilet/shower not in tent then after 2 or so ingame days the game grinds to a very slow crawl and the fps doesnt go back to normal unless I end the vacatiob and go back home.

Realy annoying this issue pls fix

Message 1 of 5 (882 Views)

Hero
@danjc1984

I moved your post from the other thread into this new one. I will add this as needs input to see if others see this as well.

Could you also post your DxDiag and your Config.log file for reference. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (829 Views)

Hero

Hi @danjc1984

are you still having issues ? Seems no one else has been posting.

Could you post your specs for me as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (792 Views)

★ Apprentice

I presume the problem still exists but becouse of the way the issue comes about (certain type of play interactions, in origional post) i havent tried to recreate the issue. 

I just treat as another thing that you cant do

I dont mean to be unhelpful but im not willing to playtest again and again, i gave all the information for the team to recreate the issue and like most they remain unsolved sry.

At some point someone else will come across this issue report it and you or some other part of the team will ask for specs ( instead of actually trying to recreate to fix)  and the problem will remain

Cant be bothered post dxdiag im posting from phone, specs are

Win 10 64bit

I5 6600

Amd R9 380 4gb

16gb ddr4

Ssd (game install)

All drivers, os and the rest is upto date

Thank you for your time, i know you are trying to help, but lets face it the sims 2 was classed as complete with a whole host of bugs and the modders fixed it, the sims 3 classed as complete and everyone knows its a broken buggy mess sims 4? well lets just say its going the same way

Message 5 of 5 (781 Views)