Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Successful Lineage Completes Before Conditions Are Met

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a parent sim with the successful lineage aspiration. Get to the final milestone. Have a child reach the point of a career where they choose their career branch (or level 6 as an actor/actress).
What happens when the bug occurs? The milestone step titled, "have a child or grandchild reach the top of a career" completes.
What do you expect to see? I expect it to take until the child/grandchild reaches level 10 of the career, or the text to read "career branch" instead of career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happened to one of my sims two weeks ago, and two more sims today.

My first sim's child never quit any job except her part-time one from high school. When she reached level 7 of the painter career, her mom's successful lineage aspiration completed. Level 7 is when you get to choose the branch in the painter career. This child did max out the scouting career, which does count as a "career" for the renaissance sim aspiration.

My second sim's child never had a job until young adulthood. She joined the criminal career, and when she chose the oracle branch (level 6) her mother's aspiration completed. For this test, I used cheats for mom's first three aspiration milestones and the daughter's job promotions.

My third sim's child was the same as the second, but she joined the actress career (since it doesn't have branches, I thought I'd test it). At the promotion from 5 to 6, her mom's aspiration step completed.

These were three different saves. The first one was game version 1.52.100.1020 and the second and third were 1.53.115.1020

Message 1 of 5 (1,069 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Successful Lineage Completes Before Conditions Are Met

Hero

Success Lineage Aspiration can now be completed once appropriate conditions are met.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (897 Views)

All Replies

Re: Successful Lineage Aspiration Completes Before Conditions Are Met

★★ Guide

Happened to me to, day before yesterday or thereabouts, when the sim's child got a promotion but long before she's reached the top of her career.  Never had it complete early before, but it's not an aspiration I frequently choose for my sims ('cuz it takes so long to complete!)

In case anyone in QA wants to look at the savefile I sent SimGuruNick & SimQARobo, this happened to Eric Lewis in Willow Creek, when his dtr Olivia got promoted.  I do not remember if it happened before or after I saved that file, but I think it was after.

Message 2 of 5 (1,031 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (985 Views)

★ Pro

as stated in objective_Asp_Family_L5A_3T:

<U n="career_test">
<V n="test_type" t="career_reference">
<U n="career_reference">
<V n="user_level" t="enabled">
<U n="enabled">
<T n="lower_bound">6</T>
</U>
</V>
</U>
</V>
</U>

not sure why it's set to 6 instead of 10

Message 4 of 5 (980 Views)

Hero

Success Lineage Aspiration can now be completed once appropriate conditions are met.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (898 Views)