by LindsaySeddon1

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims resetting after using build mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have some sims asleep in bed or eating at a table, go into build mode and delete something (unrelated to the sims' current activity) from the lot, and go back into live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you go back into live mode all sims are stood next to the bed or table with nothing in their action queue, as if they've been reset.
What do you expect to see? Sims continuing to sleep or stay sat at the table, etc
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. PC 1.51.77.1020

Message 1 of 26 (3,994 Views)

Re: Sims resetting after using build mode

Hero
You say you deleted something unrelated, but is it in the same room or in a completely different part of the house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (3,899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Sometimes in the same room, but sometimes in a different part of the house.  

The last one I noticed, I deleted something on the ground floor and when I went in to live mode, everyone upstairs was out of bed. 

Message 3 of 26 (3,892 Views)

Hero
I just tested this in my game and I have no issue with them resetting unless I move the items they are using

You say it only happens sometimes. Do you find any pattern ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (3,870 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can't see a pattern at all.

The last time it happened was just now - I moved some dining chairs from the kitchen to the household inventory, and when I selected Live Mode, a child who was on her way down the stairs in the next room reset and ended up stuck underneath them.

Message 5 of 26 (3,836 Views)

★★★★ Novice
And again, minutes later, deleted a wall in the living room, and a sim in the next room along stopped cooking. I would guess that if there was a pattern it might be to do with rooms that are joined by a wall or ceiling?
Message 6 of 26 (3,834 Views)

Hero

Could you upload your house to the gallery so I can check if I can duplicate on your build ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 26 (3,818 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, just uploaded. It's called Two-Up-Two-Down

Message 8 of 26 (3,810 Views)

Hero

I did some testing and I did see one reset when my Sim was walking down the stairs. 

As there seem to be others that have the same issue, I'll add this to the list to see how many more see this (also forwarding to QA).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 26 (3,789 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I get this at random as well. I wonder if it's because the game is connecting objects on the other side of the lot. I know sometimes when I go to delete something (or construct), the game will highlight something else on the lot far away. It doesn't look like the objects should be connected, but for some reason, they are. James aka TheSimSupply demonstrated this recently when he was building a house for his super sim. He would build a wall on one side of the lot and the stairs on the opposite side would disappear. (don't recall the name of the video at the moment, else I'd share).
Message 10 of 26 (3,753 Views)