by Nindlmiu

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims reset when eating with a drink in their hand

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Jungle Adventures, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When there is food on the table in front of a chair, tell a Sim to grab a drink and eat the food.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the Sim sits down to eat with a drink in their hand, the Sim resets and the interaction cancels itself.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to sit down and eat and drink normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after the patch from 18.06.2019.

I have tried this several times, with different kinds of drinks and food and I tried it in a completely new save game. The issue always occured.

Here is a video in which the bug can be seen: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LSBs7OHhjqINKBDSpFndHhKnVhcgriSR/view 

Message 1 of 7 (2,459 Views)

Re: Sims reset when sitting down to eat with a drink in their hand

Hero
@Nindlmiu DO you have any lastexception files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, there are 3 from yesterday, the 18.06.2019, the day the issue occured.

I tried to attach them all to this message but when I click on "submit" the site loads for a few seconds but the message isn't sent.

Edit:

I uploaded them to Google Drive. Here are the links:

Message 3 of 7 (2,393 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I get this exact same bug too!

Message 4 of 7 (2,337 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (2,207 Views)

Sim drop what they're holding if they grab leftovers while holding drink

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all DLC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when a sim is holding a drink, make them get leftovers from a (normal) fridge
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will get food from the fridge and immediately drop food and drink on the floor. They then go into idle. If not told to do anything and hungry enough, they will eventually autonomously either pick up the food from the floor or grab new food from the fridge, but they will abandon the drink unless told to pick it up.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to be able to keep their drink and grab food, and then sit down to eat and drink.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Admittedly, this is very specific and I've found it super hard to reproduce. If you manually tell a sim to drink something, more often than not they will not grab food from a fridge until they've finished their drink. But if they autonomously get a drink, usually you can get them to grab food as well, and that's when it bugs out.

I'm fairly certain they're supposed to put the drink in their inventory, grab the food, and then when they sit down to eat, pull the drink out again (I've seen them do that in the past), but I don't know if they're supposed to be able to grab food if the other hand is full. It doesn't bug out if they grab food from a counter or similar, so it is definitely related to the fridge.

Because it's so hard to get them to grab food while they're drinking, I've yet to be able to determine if this is specific to a certain drink, food, fridge, location, or anything like that. It is for sure happening with the Modern Face Value Fridge (from Parenthood) and it doesn't appear to matter what they're drinking at the time.

Message 6 of 7 (1,978 Views)

Re: Sim drop what they're holding if they grab leftovers while holding drink

Hero
@TheSteelRodent I merged your post. Sounds the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,962 Views)