Re: Sim Icon remains grey after Sim returns home from work

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Pro

I just had this start happening with my Celebrity Chef after the last patch, all previously found "Fixes" only seem temporary, Leaving lot and coming back, sending other sim to different lot and setting "Bugged" sim to care for self, etc.etc.  Going to try quitting job and starting again, since that sim has the "Start at same level" perk.

Message 11 of 32 (921 Views)

Hero
@twmuse Same for you ? Are you level 10 ?

@Jan_831 merging your post with existing thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 32 (903 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict  Yes level 10, had 2 post top rank "Raises" before the patch without issue. Had not got back to see if quitting, and rejoining does anything, will let you know.

Message 13 of 32 (888 Views)

Hero
@twmuse The issue is with the promotion at level 10. If you're not up for a promotion, you should be fine, if you are, it will bug out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 32 (884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Well, I "Think" she may be above level 10, just got a LE on it and I "Think" it shows it trying to go to level 13, but I never did really understand LE's well when it is base game stuff, easy if it is a mod. I'll attach if it is of any help.

Spoiler

\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 1096, in _call_finally
 File

"T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_interactions.py", line 167, in interaction_end
 File

"T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2767, in leave_work
 File

"T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3442, in handle_career_loot
 File

"T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3410, in evaluate_career_performance
 File

"T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3071, in _promote
 File

"T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3285, in _increase_overmax_level
 File

"T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\rewards\reward.py", line 103, in give_reward
 File

"T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\rewards\reward.py", line 136, in _give_reward_payout
 File

"T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\rewards\reward.py", line 136, in &lt;listcomp&gt;&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'factory'&#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>

Message 15 of 32 (873 Views)

Hero
@twmuse yes, that's the bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 32 (867 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also have this bug, and it started after the July 16th patch. I have three sims in a household who are all at level 10 in their careers. One is a Conservationist, and is not affected by this bug (because Conservationists don't seem to get pay raises at max level), but the other two are. One is a 5 Star Celebrity with the "Easy Street" perk, and she gets to promotion level every 2-3 working days. My sims do get paid when they arrive home, but their portraits are grayed out, with only the briefcase icon above the picture. Traveling to another lot corrects the issue. Going to the manage worlds screen, and then returning to the household does not un-gray the portrait, but it does return the other icon to the portrait, allowing me to use the "Leave Early" command. Using "Leave Early" or travelling to another lot triggers the "Sim brought home $0 today..." message, and resets Career Performance level to average. Although I get no message about it, my sim does get a pay raise, as well.

Message 17 of 32 (839 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim home from work still showing at work

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yeah that is exactly what is happening to both of my Sims, they are at the top of their careers Gamer and Virtuoso, and for the last week I have tried everything, even setting up a new world, and moving them into it. Nothing works, basically sick of the game breaking bug.
Message 18 of 32 (844 Views)

Hero
@virulentwaif56 I moved your post over to the level 10 issue. It should only occur when you're up for a promotion and traveling should reset it. Does that not work for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 32 (828 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict yeah it works to 'unlock the sim from greyed out' but all it does is backtrack the experience to about three quarters of the way down the bar, I dont get paid ($0). Both of the Sims are affected A Gamer geek, and the Virtuoso. All the methods that I have seen suggested work in various forms, but none are what I would call a fix, not even close. Even saving the sims and moving them to a new world didnt work. I have started a new sim (Physical) to see if the bug has actually been carried through to be be part of the entire download, because this only started when the last patch came down, and for something that is years old to be reactivated by sloppy programming is shameful on the part of Maxis. And yes I do know about game breaking Bugs I have played DayZ for years Standard smile.

Message 20 of 32 (881 Views)