[FIXED] Sim wants to leave work early (message)

by Mogway

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim wants to leave work early (message)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but laundry, toddler stuff, kids room, romantic garden, perfect patio, and luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim is at work and luckily now a menu shows up if they are allowed to leave work happens 2 times during a work day
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims go to work and after a few hours you'll get a menu saying they want to leave (very annoying when you have a lot of sims working)
What do you expect to see? Sims wont pester me with constant messages that they want to leave work ( i have to work full days too...deal with it XD)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened either after the 1st patch in November or after installing Get Famous

Made a separate topic for this bug. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-wont-stay-fat/td-p/7188307

It's my male sim that's having the trouble my female sim seems to be doing fine. I'm not sending him to work with a lunch pack or anything.

I have never used any mods or CC in my game

Message 1 of 76 (6,658 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO ADD] Sim wants to leave work early (stylist career)

Hero

Sims employed in any career will no longer be prompted to miss work, or end their shift early, when work hours coincide with visits from Sims that were given a residence key.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 72 of 76 (5,317 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've tested this on the save and I think it has to do with the stylist (and possibly other careers of that type).

Still investigating.

@Mogway

Did it start from the beginning or only after he reached a certain level ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 76 (6,538 Views)

★★ Apprentice

always had this problem with him, he left his job as an actor when i would send him alone right away now he has a job in the stylist career and now i get the message that he wants to leave work and not just leave.

Message 3 of 76 (6,529 Views)

Hero
I'm testing a new save right now to see if I can duplicate there.

Could you make him switch jobs to a random non-active one (like the first ones we had) to see if it also occurs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 76 (6,523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

he got in at lvl 3 btw think he accepted a "career move" option through the fame thing. changed to the entertainment career also starts at lvl 3

@crinrict

edit: he also gets the leave work one in the entertainment career Frown  it's close to the end of his work shift though 10 more minutes to go and he wants to leave work

Message 5 of 76 (6,521 Views)

Hero

And you always get the message ? He doesn't simply come home ?

I've tested this on a new save now and can't duplicate, so it seems something is going on with that specific Sim.

I'll test him on a new save

For now, I will tag your thread as needs input to see if anyone else has a Sim with this issue (unrelated to Lunch Packs)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 76 (6,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

would be weird if its just him i did download him but i dont think any cc came with it. i've started a new game too but she hasnt gone to work yet...i did have some kids leave school for no reason in another saved game, but it also had that sim in it as a dad so perhaps he is causing trouble... maybe the game is telling me to use different sims lol

edit: made a completely new sim no trouble at all with work...will import him to a house too in that game and see what happens

Message 7 of 76 (6,500 Views)

Hero

I tried him in a new save, no issue .. Really don't know what's going on with him

Maybe someone else has another Sim that has the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 76 (6,491 Views)

★★ Apprentice

maybe the stardom went to his head XD and normal jobs are too low for him now lol..but glad he works normal in a different game Standard smile

Message 9 of 76 (6,487 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim wants to leave work early (message)

Hero
Added as needs input to see if anyone else has a Sim with this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 76 (6,471 Views)