by aneeshabai

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Sim home from work still showing at work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get together, Get to work, Parenthood, Vampire, Dine Out, Spa Day, Bowling Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know.
What happens when the bug occurs? When one of my sims comes home from work her icon is greyed out and shows shes still at work. I have tried going to another community lot but it doesn't work. I have tried restarting. It only started occurring after the latest update. Never had this issue before.
What do you expect to see? For her icon to be normal and playable after she comes home from work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the latest update. Never had this issue before even with CC.

please help i have tried to look at other answers similar to my problem but none of the solutions wored.

Message 1 of 40 (4,031 Views)

Re: When home from work icon is still greyed out for one sim

Champion
Exit the household back to the world map, so that no sims are currently active, then go back into the house.

Then click the work icon on the greyed out sims' face and choose "Leave Work Early", and they should be released from work.
Message 2 of 40 (3,946 Views)

Hero

What kind of mods are you using ? What career is your Sim in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 40 (3,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks that worked simvasion but is there no permanent solution?

Message 4 of 40 (3,926 Views)

★★★ Novice
crinrict my sim is doing business currently an assistant manager. I have sooo much cc but this has never happened before.
Message 5 of 40 (3,922 Views)

Hero

Hi @aneeshabai 

does it happen every time you go to work ?

If so, could you try without custom content or mods to see if it persists ?

(just backup your save before doing so)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 40 (3,919 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict yeah its been happening everytime. i think i might just need to do that! thanks
Message 7 of 40 (3,911 Views)

Champion
I think they fixed maybe some cases of this in the latest patches - it mentioned the sims stuck at work bug - but since the patch I've had it happen to a sim that was in the business career and another sim that was in the Secret Agent career.

They got stuck while I was playing as another sim in the house and visiting a venue or non-home lot. While they were out, the sim at work never ended their work day.

In one case, he was about to get promoted, but in another case it was just a regular day and when I released him using the workaround he just had his regular pay day.
Message 8 of 40 (3,897 Views)

Champion
Just had it happen again, this time in a house with no sims with active or stay-at-home optional careers.

The sim that got stuck with the greyed out "at work" icon is in the astronaut career and when I unstuck him he received a promotion.

So the common theme I'm seeing is that when a sim is about to get a promotion, but you're playing as another member of the household away from the home lot, then the sim will get stuck at work because the notification that he returned home and got promoted doesn't trigger.
Message 9 of 40 (3,849 Views)

Hero
Added this back with the new thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 40 (3,821 Views)