by DizzyDee-K

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [SV] Laptops multiply in Household Inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.57.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look in Household Inventory
What happens when the bug occurs? There are multiple laptop computers
What do you expect to see? No laptops
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried repairing and reseting my game. First noticed this when testing another issue. I don't know when this started. Don't really check that inventory very often. Seems to be related to traveling.

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 7.42.43 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 9.25.31 PM.jpeg

Message 1 of 9 (1,230 Views)

Re: Laptops that came with Strangerville multiply in Household Inventory

Hero
Do you play rotationally and do you only have it happen in households you bought a laptop with in the first place or ist this a general issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,197 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:
Do you play rotationally and do you only have it happen in households you bought a laptop with in the first place or ist this a general issue ?

I had been playing a test game rotationally. I didn't notice it right away so I'm not sure what triggers it. 

Just started a vanilla test game. One Sim. No laptop. No rotation. So far no multiplying of laptops. If that continues I'll give them a laptop and see what happens. If nothing, I'll add another household and rotate to see if that's the trigger.

In my regular save not all households have laptops, but all seem to eventually have multiples in their household inventories. So rotation? Also travel. If I sell the laptops and then travel to several lots, they reappear. But I have mods and cc in my regular save, so... ? 

May take me awhile to get back to this. Usually only have time for this on the weekends. 

Message 3 of 9 (1,185 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [SV] Laptops multiply in Household Inventory

Champion
When you drag them out of the inventory and place them in the house, do you actually get multiple laptops or whenever you place one, do the others disappear and reappear at the location you just placed down? Or do you ever get an error message?

I remember a bug I had a while ago where the inventory would show multiple copies of a painting, but it was actually the same single object being counted twice and they were mysteriously linked whenever you tried to place them.

And then when you tried deleting one, then the bugged copy would stay in your inventory with an error message because it didn't exist any more, but the inventory thought it did.
Message 4 of 9 (1,169 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [SV] Laptops multiply in Household Inventory

★ Pro

@simvasion wrote:
When you drag them out of the inventory and place them in the house, do you actually get multiple laptops or whenever you place one, do the others disappear and reappear at the location you just placed down? Or do you ever get an error message?

I remember a bug I had a while ago where the inventory would show multiple copies of a painting, but it was actually the same single object being counted twice and they were mysteriously linked whenever you tried to place them.

And then when you tried deleting one, then the bugged copy would stay in your inventory with an error message because it didn't exist any more, but the inventory thought it did.

These are actual multiple laptops. If it shows 12, there are 12 that can be placed or sold. These are only showing up in the household inventory not the personal inventory. 

There are occasional glitches where something will indicate a false multiple, but these are real multiples. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is triggered by rotational play. Traveling to other lots seems to be part of the multiplying process. Sent this Sim to Selvadorada when he came home he had 22 laptops.  🤣 He was there three days, but traveled around a bit. I deleted all his laptops before he started out.

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 10.37.33 AM.jpg

Message 6 of 9 (1,086 Views)

Hero

Does only the StrangerVille laptop do this ?

I've added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,030 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict This seems to have been "fixed." Not sure if this was the last patch or the work from home gigs. Or if it's that I eventually rotated through all my households deleting the StrengerVille laptop and replacing it with a new one.
Message 8 of 9 (948 Views)

★ Guide

It just started happening in my game this week. As bugs go, I kind of like this one - free money. In particular, I've noticed it associated with two of the teen townies - Baby Ariel and that mean girl who writes (I forgot her name). It's laptops and slablets in my game.

Message 9 of 9 (909 Views)