by Sketch793

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Work from home careers: Cannot work on holiday

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living. Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille. Perfect Patio, Kids Room. Holiday Celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the Conservationist career and play until you reach a holiday that coincides with a work day. Holiday must be one that has Day off Work/School checked.
What happens when the bug occurs? The normal popup to decide whether my Sim will go to work, work from home, or take personal time off does not appear. There is no command to send him to work when I click on him and there is no Go To Work button on the Jobs panel.
What do you expect to see? Some method for my Sim to go to work or work from home. Sims in traditional careers can be sent to work on holidays, so I expect the same capability.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Nicholas Holloway is a Conservation Regulator, level 7 of the Environmental Manager branch of the Conservationist career. His work schedule is Monday to Friday, from 9am to 4pm. Today is Harvestfest, which takes place on one of his normal workdays. I intended to have him work over the holiday since he is due for promotion.

It is currently 9:15am on Thursday but he is not at work, did not get a new work-from-home assignment, and did not take personal time off. His previous work-from-home assignment brought his performance to promotion level but he has not received that promotion. As stated above, there is no button on the Jobs panel to send him to work and there is no self-interaction to do so. He has not been charged a vacation day yet but I expect that will happen by the end of his workshift.

I suspect this problem applies to all work-from-home careers and it might also affect the professions. 

Message 1 of 3 (449 Views)

Re: Conservationist cannot work on holiday

Hero
@Sketch793 Unsure which is the bug. Kids for example get a button to go to school but when you click, nothing happens: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Kids-get-option-to-go-to-school-on-holiday/m-p/7...

It's def. not working as it should but I'm not sure what's intended.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (428 Views)

Re: Conservationist cannot work on holiday

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (394 Views)