by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Vet clinic employees do not make treats when asked to

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 151771020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, parenthood, vampires, spa day, outdoor retreat, laundry day, vintage glamour, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whilst running a vet clinic employees do not make treats when asked to
What happens when the bug occurs? the social interaction occurs, but then the employee does nothing.
What do you expect to see? I expect the employee to immediately make the requested treat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 7 (1,436 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [S] Vet clinic employees do not make treats when asked to

Champion (Retired)

@TheGiantSardine 
Testing in progress and I have a few questions that may help replicate your issue. 
My first thought is that they may not yet have sufficient skill to be able to create the treats.
How long have you had your vet clinic?

Is this a new employee?

Have they been sent for training?

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 7 (1,401 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TheGiantSardine 
I think the key is the amount of time the employee spent on the job plus training to allow them to get to the correct level to craft treats.
Treats cannot be crafted at all until level two of the vet skill.
Level 2/ Craft Treats: Cooler than Liquid Nitrogen Bar and Swampwater Taffy
Level 3/ Craft Treats: Scorching Cinnamon Chews
Level 4/ Craft Treats: The Stinkinator
Level 5/ Craft Treats: Wellness
Level 6/ Craft Treats: Age Down - Age Up
Level 7/ Craft Treats: Poop Randomizer

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 3 of 7 (1,375 Views)

★ Novice

The option was not immediately available, it appears to have become unlocked through training. One of my employees appears to be fully trained and he still won't do it. Thank you

Message 4 of 7 (1,360 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TheGiantSardine 

Some things you can try.

Are you using the clinic already in Brindleton Bay or one you built or downloaded from the gallery?
Can your Sim use the machine? If nothing is blocking it then you can still move it and try again to test.
Locked doors may play a part. I have locked doors in my game to only allow certain Sims etc and then forgotten.

Is there just one employee? Either add another employee or replace the current one.

Not solved? Try repairing the game thru Origin. Instructions are in the troubleshooting link below.

If all else fails try starting a brand new save to see if the problem still exists.

Troubleshooting tips:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 5 of 7 (1,344 Views)

Hero

Hi @TheGiantSardine 

Are you still having issues with this or did @EuphorialQueen's steps help you

If you still have issues, would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,298 Views)

Re: Vet clinic employees do not make treats when asked to

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info, @TheGiantSardine 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,271 Views)