by Kathykins

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] [IL] "Extra Food" - event won't start on a holiday

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live in Sulani, have neighbours come over with extra food during a calendar holiday/event (like Winterfest, The Lottery or New Skill day)
What happens when the bug occurs? The neighbours will walk up to the door and knock. There is no option to invite them in. The Extra food event doesn't start, because there is already an event ongoing.
What do you expect to see? That I can greet the neighbours and invite them inside, that the event starts.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Island Living, since that introduced new events that can run at the same time as Seasons events/holidays.

Whenever I have a default calendar event or holiday, like right now The Lottery, the Extra Food event will not start. The neighbours will some times not even knock on the door, but stand outside (almost like with the vampire bug where they are out of energy and have jerky, resetting animations). There is no option for me to greet them or invite them inside. They stand there a couple of minutes, then put the food down and leave.

ETA: forgot to mention: when I tested on a mod-free save, the neighbour just knocked the door once, then they all left. Some didn't even get onto the property, before leaving. The food was dropped way off lot.

I haven't found any mention of this issue, but if a post exsist, please point me in the right direction.

Message 1 of 4 (910 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [S] [IL] "Extra Food" - event won't start on a ho

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this happen last night! I created a Winter Solstice holiday and my sims were at home celebrating. I eventually noticed a neighbor standing outside the door, but I have no idea how long she had been out there for. There was no option to invite her in like there usually is. My sims were busy, so I gave her a gift and asked her to leave (which thankfully was an option, as it isn’t always). Only later in the day did I notice that she had left a plate of Kalua Pork behind in the yard in the same spot that she always does when I miss the Extra Food event.

Message 2 of 4 (864 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (833 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

To expand the description: the neighbors have the red 'neighbor' tag until one of them knocks at the door. At that point, the tags are gone, the 'food-bearer' drops the plate where he/she stands, and they all walk away.

Message 4 of 4 (771 Views)