[OPEN] [S] Giving Flowers - Friendship decreased?

by greyzonesims

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Giving Flowers - Friendship decreased?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? It's Valentine's day. My husband gave his wife flowers, and their friendship went down by a good chunk. No dialogue or notification popped up. What happened?
What do you expect to see? For her to be happy, not be worse friends with him.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This only happened once, but I'm still not sure what went wrong.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (4,731 Views)

Re: Flowers - Friendship decreased?

Hero
@greyzonesims Did you test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (4,662 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes.

I finally found some other forums discussing this, and it looks like it seems kind of random if Sims like gifts or not, which seems like a bug in itself.

Why wouldn't a Sim who has a flower garden like a rose from her husband on Valentine's day? Still seems weird. 

Message 3 of 13 (4,655 Views)

★★★ Guide
@greyzonesims Yeah its weird, but there is a 50\50 chance they like it or not. Complete with relationship hit or boost. 😜
Message 4 of 13 (4,649 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Giving Flowers - Friendship decreased?

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (4,571 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@greyzonesims I just guessed it was 'by design', but hitting the 'me too' anyway just in case it's truly a glitch. :D
Message 6 of 13 (4,551 Views)

★★ Guide

I removed all the 'gift giving' traditions from every holiday, because this is so un-fun.

For me, it's not only flower-giving that causes the sims to get negative relationship points; it's any kind of gift.  For example, one child giving another child who has the 'geek' trait a voidcritter card caused a mutual relationship hit.  I did this multiple times, as I was deliberately giving the cards to npcs (to stack the deck, heh--only it doesn't work that way, rats!), & every time the kids reacted negatively (they knew what I was up to?  ).  Curiously, when adult sims gave child sims voidcritter cards, the kids responded positively.  ???  Aside from the cards, though, the responses seemed random, & seldom made sense given the relationships & characteristics of the sims involved.  Why would an empathetic, polite, etc. sim respond badly to her child giving her a flower?  She wouldn't...except in TS4.  Disappointed

I don't care if it's by design:  it's a terrible, immersion-breaking design, & needs to be fixed.  The various gift/flower-giving traditions aren't worth having until this is fixed.

Message 7 of 13 (4,510 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Why is this still a problem?

Message 8 of 13 (4,444 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@paradiseplanet27 Well, I'm not sure it'd be a good idea to make all gifts react positively. Something is effecting it and making them turn it down, I just don't know what. I know their current mood has something to do with it.

Like, I know if I do a high-level romance interaction too early, it will end up with an "Awkward conversation" moodlet. After that, all romance interactions will fail, even the low-level ones. I have to get rid of the "awkward" thing before I can attempt any further romance options.

It could be something like that. Some moodlet on the target sim is causing it to fail, like maybe the sim is sad, awkward, tense, cold, hot, etc.
Message 9 of 13 (4,419 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS4 also. The worst is when a child gives their parent a flower or gift and the parent gives them a thumbs down and they get a double negative relationship loss. Husbands and wives lose the same for flowers or gifts. 

Message 10 of 13 (4,365 Views)