Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Lot types revert to Business/ Incomplete lots on map

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? UPDATE: 6/18/2019 – PC 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the packs so far except for Island Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Update the Sims 4, and load up an existing save. Lhe lot types changing in all worlds.
What happens when the bug occurs? My lot types have reverted to the previous lot type, for example I made a residential lot where the gym is originally in San Myshuno but it has reverted back to being set as a gym.
What do you expect to see? All my lots back to there proper lot type (I have not saved my game so hopefully an update will fix this issue)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update to the Sims 4 on 18th of June 2019 PC Version 1.52.100.1020

Lot types all reverted to to old lot type 

Message 2 of 61 (12,568 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lot reverts back to business

Hero

Fixed an issue where venue lot types were sometimes not displaying correctly.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

Can even confirm that the broken lots in my old save are fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 60 of 61 (11,254 Views)

All Replies

Sims 4 June 18, 2019 Update Problem

★ Apprentice
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem:  

I just noticed that after I downloaded the update for June 18, 2019, my lot types are acting strange.  For example, homes/residential lots are showing as restaurants, parks, etc. . . even though I have sims living there.  I've removed all my mods and it still happens.  Please let me know if you have any solutions or if you're experiencing the same thing.

Thanks,

Torri 

Message 1 of 61 (12,522 Views)

Re: Sims 4 June 18, 2019 Update Problem

[ Edited ]
Hero

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

I can see this in my old save as well. Trying to find a fix. I'll get back to you

About the world icon, could you create it's own thread for that, thansk

EDIT: It's a bit of a pain but I think I found a workaround

1. Go to map view to see all the lots that are wrong
  2. Click on the house you want to fix
  3. Click on the three dots in the lower right corner
  4. It will say: Sell Business. Click on that
  5. The money will be added to your household so if you don't want that, make sure you know how much you had and use the money cheat to set the money back to what you originally had
  6. Load the lot in buidl  mode from the map
  7. Change the lot type from Residental to something else
  8. Change the lot type back to residential
  9. Go back to the map.
  10. The lot should now be fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 61 (12,505 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lot Type changing back to original

★★★★★ Apprentice

Me too. I have tried to move out but the lot is retail. It's not just one lot but it's the same revert to previous as the other users.

Message 4 of 61 (12,256 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lot Type changing back to original

Hero
@therhythmicbabe You need to sell the business throught the map. You can't move out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 61 (12,236 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Residential Lot types revert to business

★ Guide

I've got the same issue with and without mods.

I noticed the lot type problem exists only with older saves where I chenged some lots into other types than the original. When I start a new game I haven't the issue and all lots look good.

Message 6 of 61 (12,145 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem here. I find it really annoying how with every new patch new bugs occur. Sure, that doesn't happen on purpose, but it's still a bit unnerving. I really don't want to insult the developers or anything, but I'm simply a little frustrated right now and wanted to let of some steam. 

But now to the actual topic of this thread. I play-tested this bug a bit and noticed that it generally seems to work fine in Live- and Build-/Buymode. The only real problem I experience is quite a bit of lag, which usually is not an issue for me. 

Also, I used a career-cheat right after the update and when I left the household I had used it in, I only then started noticing that some lot types were labeled incorrectly. Since I didn't really pay much attention to the map screen, I can't tell if it was like that before I used the cheat or not, but maybe it has something to do with that.

Message 7 of 61 (12,106 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm this exact issue is happening to me, seemingly random houses and lots--I'm getting either park or retail markings. I did send tweets to the three gurus who said to mention any issues with a photo. Hopefully this is fixed soon!

Message 8 of 61 (12,081 Views)

★ Novice

Happened to me as well. The update randomly made three of my residential lots in Oasis Springs community lots even though my Sims still live there. I tried selling the “business” it says I own since it made it a community lot but once I did and went back to map view, it still was a community lot and said I own the business still.

Message 9 of 61 (11,993 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Empty (residential) lot as location for date

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just finished downloading today's patch and all the Residential houses/empty lots that my Sims had been getting invited to go out to eat/dates even though they were not Restaurants had the Restaurant icon showing for them. They didn't have that before the patch, they had the Residential icon.  I went in to the lots from manage worlds to change them to Residential, but they were already showing as Residential on the designation screen when the lots loaded. Just for good measure I clicked on Restaurant and then back to Residential and when I got back to the Manage Worlds screen they were properly showing the Residential icon.

I don't know yet if they are ultimately fixed now since I exited the game afterward. Hopefully, my Sims won't get invitations to go out to these Residential lots now. *crossing fingers* I'll post back here again with an update tomorrow after I've had a chance to get back in game later tonight/early morning and play for awhile..

Message 10 of 61 (11,775 Views)