[NEEDS INPUT] Items disappearing - possibly associated with Klepto trait?

by missdeefying

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Items disappearing - possibly associated with Klepto trait?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a family with kleptomaniac ghosts on the lot, I think
What happens when the bug occurs? Items disappear from my save. I presume they are being stolen by ghosts haunting my lot, two of which have the kleptomaniac trait. These items do not appear in my family inventory.
What do you expect to see? Any items stolen by kleptomaniac ghosts haunting the family lot reappearing in family inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In my legacy save, I've noticed that several items have disappeared from the game, and do not show up in my family inventory.

So far, I've lost a masterpiece painting, an Ultimate Vampire Cure, and the $10,000 PC, which I had fully upgraded. I think I may also have lost a couple of other items like MySims trophies, but I wasn't really paying attention enough to track those.

I have several ghosts haunting my lot (former family members) who have the Kleptomaniac trait. At first, I assumed that any missing items would reappear in my family inventory because the ghosts had pinched them. However, none of these items have appeared in my family inventory.

They were quite time and resource intensive to create/upgrade, so I'm really hoping that this issue is one that can be fixed. 

Message 1 of 10 (2,047 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Items disappearing - possibly associated with Klepto trait?

Hero
This sounds interesting and you could be on to something.

Probably easiest to replicate if you could provide your save game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,979 Views)

★ Guide
Hi @crinrict - Sorry, I hadn't checked the forums in a little while.

I'll get my save to you ASAP!
Message 3 of 10 (1,923 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue too!!  

Except I have also lost a tree & last I checked those can't be stolen by Kleptos? =\ 

Message 4 of 10 (1,917 Views)

Hero

@dragancaor 

did you check your family inventory if it's there ? Did you do any remodeling on your lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,908 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict 

Hi Crin, I've just PM'ed you the save file in question. Standard smile

Message 6 of 10 (1,892 Views)

Hero
Thanks.

I'll take a look as soon as I can.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,885 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  I did check my family inventory first, as I have a couple of family ghosts with the Klepto trait but so far nothing that's been going missing has been going into family inventory. Though the tree wouldn't go there anyway, as it was from build not buy, but the decorative vase that went missing since my post is also definitely not in family inventory.  I hadn't done/changed any landscaping since putting the tree in, & there also hadn't been any storms.

Message 8 of 10 (1,843 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks.

Haven't had the time to look into the save I was sent yet

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,826 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Items disappearing - possibly associated with Klepto trait?

Hero

Sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to test this yet and I'm not sure when that will be.

I've added it to the list for now and forwarded your save to QA. @missdeefying 

Hopefully they can figure out what's going on.

Will get back to you when I get a chance.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,753 Views)