Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Mer-Child Sims can't get into baths normally

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions from get to work till island living, all game pack except the jungle and camping one, for stuff packs scary stuff, backyard, the kids one, the toddler one and finally the laundry one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child sim take a bath. they will then most likely be unable to get in unless you put the bath in an illogical position as they can only get in from the part where the plumbing is. if you move it to a spot where the plumbing part isn't against the wall they will get in from that side then sit down in the completely wrong direction and will float next to the bathtub (this might just be mermaid kids i haven't tried it with a normal kid or a vampire/alien kid yet)
What happens when the bug occurs? The child can either not get into the bath or gets in from the wrong end then sits the wrong way leaving the tub empty
What do you expect to see? i tell my child to get in and they get in normally from the side like any sane person would and instead of clipping trough lying in the tub like they normally would
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I got the island living pack and installed it

As you are able to se on the screenshots my child sim is getting in completely wrong..  

Message 2 of 33 (3,808 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my child mermaid take baths outside the tub

Hero

Fixed an issue with Mermaid Children that did not allow them to Take Baths INSIDE bathtubs.
○ Being used to the vastness of the Ocean, Mermaid Children were not happy being limited by a bathtub.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 31 of 33 (2,850 Views)

All Replies

my child mermaid take baths outside the tub

★★★★★ Apprentice

My child mermaids take a bath outside the tub. Tried on a unmodded game and got the same error

Message 1 of 33 (3,769 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Mer-Child Sims can't get into baths normally

Hero
@JazzCouverso As my human kids use it correctly, I'm going to put this for merchildren and see if others see similar.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 33 (3,778 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Mer-Child Sims can't get into baths normally

★★★ Apprentice

I had a similar problem. My mer-child could not get into the tub. Only when i moved it to the middle of the room and even then it the interaction stopped half-way through. 

Message 4 of 33 (3,762 Views)

Hero
@bandit34 Merged your post with existing bug report on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 33 (3,754 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (3,683 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed this on "undercover" mermaids as well. The mermaid from the trailer had not revealed herself to my sim (my sim was not a mermaid yet). She spent the night, woke up and took a bath, and got "into" the tub perpendicular to it. I was laughing so hard I didn't get a screen shot before she got out. Does that need a new post @crinrict ?

Message 7 of 33 (3,637 Views)

Hero
@gardenlobster No, think were good atm. Should they fix the children but not the mermaids, feel free to make a new one then :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 33 (3,607 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mer-Child Sims can't get into baths normally

★★★ Guide

Same problem. Just... what.

Message 9 of 33 (3,562 Views)

Sims 4 Bathtub Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

okay so this only happens with my child sim but when she goes to take a bath she just doesn’t go in it? It’s very weird and I don’t know how to fix it. The water in the bath flashes from light blue to dark blue. Haha I want this fixed! Anyone got any ideas? Feel free to click the link to see a picture of this weird glitch! 

Thanks,

Eleanor! Standard smile 

Message 10 of 33 (3,492 Views)