Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Gym Rat Rewards Trait Does Not Stop Hygiene Decay

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Parenthood, Dine Out Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy the Gym Rat rewards trait and have a Sim workout.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim with the reward trait loses hygiene when working out.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the hygiene bar remain static while the Sim is working out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This was solved previously but it seems to be back in the game:  Gym Rat trait doesn't affect the hygiene of my sim

05-14-19_5-45-01 AM.png

This is a picture showing the text from the Gym Rat reward trait.

05-14-19_5-44-42 AM.png

This picture shows a decrease in the exercise bar while the Sim is exercising.

05-14-19_5-44-42 AM - Copy.png

This is a close-up of the hygiene bar.

Message 1 of 6 (1,489 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Gym Rat Rewards Trait Does Not Stop Hygiene Decay

★★★ Pro

This is now fixed in the game.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,245 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

As for the Gym Rat trait, it may say excise will fun and stop hygine, but the keyword is gym.  If you are trying to do it at the house the gym buff you get from the lot is not there so it won't help you.

Edit I tested the Gym Rat reward trait both at home and at the gym it works fine on my end.  The High Metabolism bonus trait from one of the asperations could be canceling out the hygiene effect from the gym rat reward trait because it only slows the hygiene rat to very slow.  The high metabolism makes hygiene drop faster than normal sims.

Message 2 of 6 (1,432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Sid1701d9 

As for the Gym Rat trait, it may say excise will fun and stop hygine, but the keyword is gym.  If you are trying to do it at the house the gym buff you get from the lot is not there so it won't help you.

This makes no sense.  The picture is of a Sim exercising at a gym venue.  Also, with the trait, the Sim does gain fun when exercising at home.  There is no buff given from the trait.  It used to work as stated in the description.  If the trait does not prevent hygiene from being decreased, the wording of the trait needs to be changed so players can be aware of the change in how the trait functions.  If the trait is not supposed to provide fun when exercising on home lots or other community lots, it is bugged because my Sim received fun from exercising on home lots and other community lots.

Edit I tested the Gym Rat reward trait both at home and at the gym it works fine on my end.  The High Metabolism bonus trait from one of the asperations could be canceling out the hygiene effect from the gym rat reward trait because it only slows the hygiene rat to very slow.  The high metabolism makes hygiene drop faster than normal sims.

If the High Metabolism trait is causing a conflict, then it is still a bug.  The Gym Rat reward trait should stop the hygiene bar from decreasing.

Message 3 of 6 (1,401 Views)

★★★★ Guide
At first I thought it was just for the gym, but I tested one of my sims that had that reward trait both at the gym and home. So I corrected what I said earlier by an edit, I forgot to put on the edit that the Gym Rat trait works fine for both my Sims. The Gym Rat trait is suppose to slow hygiene down if you don't have any other buffs, but if you have antiseptic trait that may actually make it freeze with the gym rat trait. Because as of right now I only know of one debuff and that is the high metabolism bonus trait. You could have other debuffs. So what I did for my sim with the gym rat trait is because she was active which is a energy and hygiene debuff, I got the athseptic reword trait too and the hardly tired trait to counter the two debuffs.
Message 4 of 6 (1,356 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,319 Views)

★★★ Pro

This is now fixed in the game.

Message 6 of 6 (1,246 Views)