by missdeefying

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Day of the Dead Celebrators won't consistenly offer sugar skulls

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave a sugar skull offering and talk to the Day of the Dead Celebrator summoned.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a Day of the Dead Celebrator is summoned and befriended, they will frequently refuse to offer a sugar skull, unless Good Friends status is achieved. It is particularly prone to occurring when a Celebrator you have already befriended is summoned for a second or third time.
What do you expect to see? Sugar Skulls being offered at "Friends" level all the time, instead of only sometimes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm trying to get the whole Sugar Skull collection, and have been summoning Day of the Dead Celebrators as often as possible.

I've found that somewhere around 75% of the time, perhaps a little more often, they will refuse to offer you a sugar skull even if you are friends with them, and you have to invite them to hang out and then push the relationship all the way up to good friends before they'll offer a skull.

This doesn't happen all the time, though, so presumably it's not an intended feature. I've also found that if you've summoned somebody as a Celebrator before and have an established relationship with them, they sometimes still won't offer a skull to you on the first request, even if your friendship is at a higher level than where it was when you first received a skull from them.

For example, my sim summoned a NPC named Atharv Srivastava and had him at "friends" status when she received a skull for the first time. She then invited him to a house party and built further friendship with him, to just below "Good Friends" level. He later spawned as a Day of the Dead Celebrator, and I requested a skull straight away - thinking that he'd give it with no problems. He didn't. I had to have her build their friendship up to Good Friends before he'd offer the skull.

However, the next Celebrator spawned just required a Friendly Introduction (with the Incredibly Friendly trait) and two friendly interactions to offer a skull when asked.

Message 1 of 10 (3,475 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Day of the Dead Celebrators won't consistenly offer sugar sk

[ Edited ]
Hero

Going to mark this as needs input for now to see if how many others have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,318 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Day of the Dead Celebrators won't consistenly offer sugar sk

Champion (Retired)
I thought the Day of the Dead/Sugar Skulls event was for a limited time only. Was it reactivated?
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 10 (3,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

No, but it seems you can still summon a celebrator if you have any sugar skulls on your lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (3,260 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Day of the Dead Celebrators won't consistenly offer sugar skul

Hero

Added as needs input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (3,226 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Day of the Dead Celebrators won't consistenly offer sugar skul

★ Guide

Hi again

Back with a further progress report!

I'm still having trouble getting celebrators to consistently offer sugar skulls. It seems to be tied mostly to sims with existing relationships.

I have a household of 3 sims who are trying to complete the collection, and they've all been using the tombstone daily to offer skulls.

If the celebrator is somebody they meet for the first time, it generally only takes about 3-5 interactions before they'll offer a sugar skull. However, if there's an existing relationship it frequently takes much longer.

In the most recent cases, it took 12 interactions, 17 interactions, and the worst was 24 interactions and a maxed friendship bar (they started at good friends), before the sim stopped freaking out every time I requested a sugar skull.

Message 6 of 10 (3,177 Views)

Hero
Thanks for the additional info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (3,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having a similar but slightly different issue.

I have a tombstone with a ghost Sim still attached to it and my Sims have been offering sugar skulls at night but the interaction fails every time. They offer the skull, nothing happens, they start begging and pleading, then sag their shoulders as if they're disappointed it didn't work. I get no notification that a Day of the Dead Celebrator has arrived or anything. This happens consistently 100% of the time no matter what.

I thought it might be because the dead Sim is my Sim's ex-husband and was enemies with my Sim and her current husband when he was alive. So I had her current husband become good friends with his ghost but he still can't successfully offer a sugar skull.

The dead Sim is a vampire who died by sunlight. I don't know if that matters.

P.S: I just realized this thread is over 3 years old. My apologies, I didn't mean to bump up a dead thread. I was just googling for answers to my problem and this was one of the first results that sounded closest to the issue I was having, so I assumed it was recent.

Message 8 of 10 (2,247 Views)

Hero
@SnarkyWitch As long as the bug report has a filled out bug template and is not fixed, it's ok to bump old threads in the bug forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (2,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is super frustrating and I havent been able to find any solutions either. I'm able to do everything up until the actual point of receiving the skull. I have maxed friendship and romance, as well as BFF status but every time I receive the response " why would i celebrate the day of the dead with a stranger or enemy?".

Any pointers? I've run out of new story content a long time ago so I was really looking forward to something 'new to me' when I realized. From what I see online so far its to be assumed this content is essentially abandoned and quite broken?

Message 10 of 10 (1,583 Views)