Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DO] NPC Sims Not Eating in Restaurant

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, CL, GT, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Bowling, Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim eat out in a restaurant and watch the npcs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The npc sims order food and then sit there and talk and never eat the food. They sit there for sim hours and talk and don't eat a bite. They do drink their drinks. This does not effect npc sims who dine with your sim.
What do you expect to see? Npc sims eating their food when dining in a restaurant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch.

Removed mods folder and cleared cache. Observed when my sim was on a date with npc (no objectives on date.)

Message 1 of 43 (12,807 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DO] NPC Sims Not Eating in Restaurant

[ Edited ]
Hero

NPC Sims will now eat more at Restaurants.
○ Profit!

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

If you have issues with your own Sims or Sims you invited over (Sim in your group) please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DO-Sims-cancel-eating-in-restaurants/m-p/8091738

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 43 (13,119 Views)

All Replies

Re: NPC Sims Not Eating in Restaurant

Hero
Did this just happen once ? Did you test a different restaurant to see if you have the same issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 43 (12,719 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict  After posting, I did retest at a different restaurant (one formal dining, one casual, both with custom menus.) Same thing happened. One place it was the Jangs not eating, the other it was the Fengs. With the Fengs, I switched to manage worlds to play them, I wanted to see if they weren't eating becuase they are too full. Victor's hunger bar was in yellow, no reason he shouldn't be eating. Lily's was still green, but getting close to 50% hunger.

I also had weird glitches when I went into manage worlds in the restaurant, after I switched from my sim to the Fengs - is that normal? Never did manage world in a restaurant before. Hope I'm being clear, need coffee! Standard smile

Message 3 of 43 (12,710 Views)

Hero
Seems to work fine for me but it might just be very random as most issues at restaurants.

I'll add as needs input for more voices from others.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 43 (12,704 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just paid attention in my restaurant and definitely all NPCs are eating (if they don't jog).

However, sometimes certain restaurants have specific problems (e.g. waiters who never manage to clear the tables). Have you tried a different venue?

Message 5 of 43 (12,663 Views)

Hero
Added this for more voices

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 43 (12,632 Views)

Dining with Sims since Island Living

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except my first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? send a sim to a restaurant
What happens when the bug occurs? dining
What do you expect to see? sims do not eat their food
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Every time my sim goes to a restaurant whether in sulani or not, sims tend not to eat their ordered food.  They will drink their drinks but the food remains.

Message 7 of 43 (12,534 Views)

★ Guide

If you guys experience customers didn't eat the food, the food on their tables probably not what they orders, it's probably previous customers unfinished food. I got this problem a few times, customers won't eat food, waiters standing at the front of Full Disclosure Chef Kitchen and won't pick up the tray. Once I removed the food on their tables in Build Mode, the waiter immediately pick up the tray and serve them their orders.

There are few ways to solve this:

1. Make the customers always finish their foods.
  2. If for some reason the customers can't always finish their foods, make the waiter clean up unfinished food so the problem I mentioned earlier won't happen.
  3. And if the waiters won't clean up the unfinished food (because of the script, coding, or whatever prevent them doing so), at least put a sign/label on each table and foods, so we know which tables and food belong to which customers when our mouse hover over it. If we see customers sitting on their tables with other customers foods, we can move that food away.
Message 8 of 43 (12,416 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue too. After drinking the drink they stop eating.

Message 9 of 43 (12,397 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] NPC Sims Not Eating in Restaurant

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here plus my customers aren’t being seated at all, they just stand around the entire time.

Message 10 of 43 (12,345 Views)