by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Vampire gravestone in inventory after savescumming their death

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.47.51.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All DLC, except for Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Need an active family with close vampire friend/family/lover (vampire don't need to,or probably shouldn't be part of the family). Need to have one of these normal sims on an active lot other than the home lot together with their vampire buddy. Let the vampire ("accidentally" of course) die to sun exposure. Then before the death animation is complete (while the vampire is still on fire, before it collapses), quit to the main menu without saving and reload the save before the death.
What happens when the bug occurs? The dying vampire's gravestone will appear in the household inventory despite the reload. I've had this happen 2 of the 3 times the same (thin skinned) vampire was out in the sun a few seconds too long.
What do you expect to see? Shouldn't get a gravestone for someone who's alive, vampire or not, when you savescum to bring them back to life. Meaning, a death should not be registered when you reload to a point in time before the death.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've found this is not 100% reliably reproducible. It seems that if the animation is allowed to play until Grim shows up to collect, the gravestone do not appear in the inventory on reload, but I've not tried testing it extensively.

It does seem that you do not get another gravestone once one exists for the dead vampire (or at least not once you have it in the inventory), but again, it doesn't seem to happen every time.

Also, this is by far not a big deal. It's just a bit weird that you get a gravestone for someone who's alive.

EDIT: Missed a few words.

Message 11 of 35 (1,718 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Vampire gravestone appears in inventory after savescumming their d

Hero
Does it only happen to Vampires or all Sims if they die ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 35 (1,696 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Vampire gravestone appears in inventory after savescumming their d

★★★ Guide

I've only had it happen it happen with vampires. That does not mean it won't happen with other sims; I've just not seen it happen.

Message 13 of 35 (1,653 Views)

Hero
Tagging as Needs Input to gather some more voices on how bothersome this is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 35 (1,597 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT/A] Reloading the game while Sim is dying produces tombstone

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Save, have a sim die, and then reload the save from before they died and prevent the death.
What happens when the bug occurs? Tombstone for a sim who isn't dead.
What do you expect to see? Tombstones only for sims who are dead.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have found a tombstone in my sim's household inventory for her still-living father. My sim visited her parents house, and I thought it was odd that her mother had advanced to elder and her father was still an adult, so I used testingcheats to modify him in Create-A-Sim to make him an elder. What I didn't know was that this would preserve his age progress and he died instantly. Not wanting him to die before his time, I reloaded to before I had aged him up this way and aged him up in a different way without using cheats instead. But afterwards, even though I had reloaded to before her father died, my sim had a gravestone in her family inventory for him. This objects seems impossible to delete or sell, and I do not want it in my game as the sim it supposedly is for is still very much alive. I want to get rid of this gravestone, but I am also concerned about this bug that generates gravestones for living sims if you reload to prevent their deaths. I've attached screenshots of the tombstone in her inventory and the entry for him still fully alive in her relationship panel.

Message 15 of 35 (2,228 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Reloading the game while Sim is dying produces tombstone

Hero (Retired)

I had this happen on PS4. I threw a wedding party, and invited some vampires who proceeded to stand in the sun and die during the ceremony. I don't remember if I exited the game through the menu (Exit to title screen) or just force closed the game. At any rate I reloaded the save I made prior to the ceremony and didn't invite the vampires who died previously, but when I merged the households after the second ceremony the tombstones for the two vampires who had died before I reloaded were in the family inventory even though they were still alive in game.

I don't have that save anymore. The household inventory duplicated everything constantly and there were the tombs for alive sims in the family inventory so I just deleted the save and started over.

Message 16 of 35 (2,180 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Reloading the game while Sim is dying produces tombstone

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 35 (2,117 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] Can't Remove Urn/Tombstone from Revived Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansionpacks, and StrangerVille, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Revive a sim, try to remove the urn/tombstone. There's no way to remove the urn/tombstone, not even with cheats.
What happens when the bug occurs? If a sim is revived the urn/tombstone remains.
What do you expect to see? That the urn/tombstone disappears or that I can remove it, when I've revived a sim.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Basically, if I revive a sim there's no way to make the urn/tombstone disappear, not even with cheats. The choice is only there if the sim is released to the Netherworld, not when they're revived.

Message 18 of 35 (2,171 Views)

Re: Can't Remove Urn/Tombstone from Revived Sim

Hero
@SqueamishNerd How did you revivie them ? Ambrosia ? Book of Life ?

Did you try the inventory.purge cheat ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 35 (2,161 Views)

Re: Can't Remove Urn/Tombstone from Revived Sim

★★★★ Pro

I used ambriosa. I haven't tried that cheat, but doesn't that remove everything in a sim's inventory? It's a bit too time-consuming to put every inventory item in the world just to use that cheat for one item.

Message 20 of 35 (2,155 Views)