Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [CL] Elevator not working due to seed packets spawning into it

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Seasons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to use the elevator in 21 Chic Street apartment building.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim/pet displays the 'can't walk here' bubble above their head when the option "go downstairs" is clicked on the elevator.
What do you expect to see? The sim/pet go downstairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I first moved into the 21 Chic Street apartments, the elevator did not work to allow my sim to go downstairs. It began working a few times after that but now will not work at all. My dog always has to go to the toilet but it no longer can as it says it cannot go downstairs when I try to send it ] and my sim cannot go downstairs either. When I traveled to take my dog downstairs and called it back, it could not come back up and almost was taken away due to being hungry. This is a serious problem affecting my game. I have removed all of my mods and CC but that did not help. I also took everything off the wall surrounding the elevator in my apartment but that did not help either. I have also tried reseting the elevator by clicking 'reset object' and also reseting both my sim and dog. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 30 (8,435 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Elevator in 21 Chic Street Apartments not working.

[ Edited ]
Hero

Identified Causes for this

1. Trash Plant in front of building
  2. Bike in front of building
  3. Seeds Packs inside the elevator

Solutions: 

1. Use testingcheats, then teleport your Sim out of the apartment and remove the object blocking with the Sim
  2. Use testingcheats, then teleport your Sim out of the apartment and remove the object blocking with the Sim
  3. None atm

@Ashking0402 Does it work if you go with your Sim alone (just to be sure) ? The dog not using the elevator is a known issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 30 (8,370 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Identified Causes for this

1. Trash Plant in front of building
  2. Bike in front of building
  3. Seeds Packs inside the elevator

Solutions: 

1. Use testingcheats, then teleport your Sim out of the apartment and remove the object blocking with the Sim
  2. Use testingcheats, then teleport your Sim out of the apartment and remove the object blocking with the Sim
  3. None atm

@Ashking0402 Does it work if you go with your Sim alone (just to be sure) ? The dog not using the elevator is a known issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (8,371 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, when I send only my sim she also says she cannot use the elevator. Bot my sim and dog have used the elevator before but it refuses to work now.

Message 3 of 30 (8,365 Views)

Hero
Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (8,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Ashking0402 I can duplicate it on your save but your backup from 07/09/19, 11:39 still works.

You will probably need to go back to that

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

I wonder if the gnomes spawned something into the elevator as that save is from before harvest fest while all the others are after.

I would delete Harvestfest and see how it goes.

I'll forward your saves to QA, maybe the can make something out of it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 30 (8,328 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict okay, thanks so much for your help. I'll be sure to try that.
Message 6 of 30 (8,320 Views)

Hero
Added this as more general elevator not working as I believe this can happen anywhere and I think it's caused by something spawing into the elevator.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (8,279 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Elevator not working

★ Novice

I have the exact same problem, I tried to go back to one of my saves but none of them are working with the elevator Frown 

Message 8 of 30 (8,114 Views)

Hero
@AGATHELEBREC Did you have a harvest fest where the gnomes could have spawned there or a seed pack ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (8,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I have the same exact issue. I have a sim whom couldn't use her elevator in San Myshuno and then when she moved into a dorm at Foxbury for Discover University, she can't use the elevator to get to class. She's a brand new sim who hasn't gone through any Season changes.
Message 10 of 30 (7,505 Views)